• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    :) She's a dork and likes ghostbusters... The image was a sugar sheet I got on Amazon. Looked a lot better once it melded into the ice cream.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I just have to ask this hypothetical question: You are facing three armed criminals, 15 feet from you, intent on doing you harm. One is armed with a pistol, another an AR-15 and the third a shotgun. Which is the biggest threat?

Lets say you have a choice of having your head cut off, your heart ripped out, or every limb being torn off...

Which injury is the greatest threat to your survival?

whiteoak

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2015
    In The Whiteoaks
    One thing that you have to consider if you live in rural areas, is all the uses for a good shotgun not including self defense. I have a 870 with white light and 20" choke tube barrel, that is always at the ready with a mixed bag of rounds to choose from. It's killed deer, coons, turkeys, goose, fox, coyotes, snakes, dogs, squirrels, groundhogs, hogs, and put down one cow. A 12ga is just so versatile that no matter what needs killing the 870 can get it done with power to spare. I don't always head out the door at night thinking that a person is causing the problem, normally its some kind of animal that is in the chicken coup or stirring up the dog. The fact that the shotgun with shot is a short range weapon is an asset. My neighbors are well out of any range buckshot could ever reach but a rifle might reach out the 400 yards if it takes a skip off a limb or fence. The 4 shot I use on most 4 legged critters will never cause them any harm. and if you keep the chamber empty and one round short in the tube, its easy to select the round you need and stuff it in. My AR is ready but just does not get used nearly as much.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    DQ ice cream cake is the ****.

/thread

DQ has nothing on Carvel ice cream cakes. Fudgie the Whale and Cookie Puss FTW!

150819120241-carvel-signature-cakes-640x360.jpg

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    You're right about a lot of things. I might point out that the 100% reliability of a pump shotgun is completely dependent upon the shooter operating the pump correctly 100% of the time. In practice, this can mean the pump is less reliable than the AR. But if you practice until you can't get it wrong, that can be overcome.

Another reason some people are moving to AR's is penetration concerns. The 5.56 bullet doesn't go nearly as far after passing through a wall as 00 Buck.

That's why I swore off the pump for HD. Short shuck is unnecessary risk, as is overpenetration. Even if I trained a lot, it seems like a pump for heat-of-moment action was a bad idea.

If I'm going to use a 12ga for HD, it will be an autoloader with loads that I have run a LOT of and trust to cycle.

RapidRounds

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 21, 2015
    Sellersburg
    I couldn't agree more with those who commented on the over penetration from 00 buck. Its amazing how far those giant ball barrings will travel once they make contact. However, I haven't seen a decline in my area of what you call SHTF shotguns. They are abundant, especially on the used shelves.

Top Bottom