• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • THEFAT45

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2013
    Knox
    I have been looking at buying an AK for quite some time. I really don't want to spend the 1200+ on an Arsenal and the C39V2 looks to be one of the best contenders for a milled AK. I have read mixed reviews on the rifle. The problem I am having with the negative reviews is that no one is explaining why the gun is quote " junk, crap etc." If someone could elaborate for me I would greatly appreciate it. I already know the Century has had issues in the past and that some of their products are lacking in quality currently, but most of those issues are with part kit guns.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I don't know anything at all about the C39V2, but I can tell you that absolutely anything produced by Century will always have people saying that it is crap regardless of whether they have actually used one or not. Century has earned a poor reputation due to issues with different products over the years and they will have a hard time ever shaking that legacy. Memories are long and some people never forgive. I have found that when looking at internet reviews about pretty much anything it is best just to ignore the comments that don't have actual details, but this is especially true of Century products. If they merely put their import stamp on a product there will be somebody saying it is crap.

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    Exactly what he said, Put a century Import stamp on browning citori and all of a sudden you've got a crap shotgun.

They will never shake that reputation. I've got a wasr and its just fine, I am looking at buying another AK though just because, I've handled a C39V2 at fort liberty firearms in Avon seemed to be a good rifle, fit and finish was excellent. I just don't prefer a milled AK. I'm sure you wouldn't be upset with yourself if you got one.

Michael762

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Centeral
    Because Century uses cast parts and soft metals. I would love the Century made guns if the used forged partes and not soft metals and barrels. I hate Century guns. But Century imports are good. With the Century guns the are hit or miss. You get a good one or you get a bad one. Oh and their customer service sucks.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    Because Century uses cast parts and soft metals. I would love the Century made guns if the used forged partes and not soft metals and barrels. I hate Century guns. But Century imports are good. With the Century guns the are hit or miss. You get a good one or you get a bad one. Oh and their customer service sucks.

This.....they and the ras47 have been mushrooming the bolt/bolt carrier and they use cast recoil spring guides which like to break (thats knocks off the dust cover and sends that recoil spring flying) don't forget the front sight is non adjustable

Michael762

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Centeral
    This.....they and the ras47 have been mushrooming the bolt/bolt carrier and they use cast recoil spring guides which like to break (thats knocks off the dust cover and sends that recoil spring flying) don't forget the front sight is non adjustable

Exactly. I would love to see Century make a good affordable AK made in America. But they care to much about the money not the product. QC sucks and if you have a problem it will take them forever to "fix it"

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Is there a reason you want a milled rifle instead of a stamped one?

My past experiences with Century have almost all been poor. Everything from rifles being built crooked, loose / improper rivets, etc.... This stuff is too expensive to gamble on quality, and their customer service is famous for being ****ty. That said, there is a big difference between a rifle that Century has built over a rifle that Century imported.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    century built: good chance it will be total crap.

century import: There is a possibility its good to go, BUT if century has to work on it, then there is a possibility they will screw it up ;)

THEFAT45

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2013
    Knox
    Is there a reason you want a milled rifle instead of a stamped one?

My past experiences with Century have almost all been poor. Everything from rifles being built crooked, loose / improper rivets, etc.... This stuff is too expensive to gamble on quality, and their customer service is famous for being ****ty. That said, there is a big difference between a rifle that Century has built over a rifle that Century imported.

I have looked at a lot of stamped Aks and have been seeing some shady work with rivets and such. I work in a stamping department and Program/run CNC machines on the regular, milled part tolerances compared to stamp parts is night and day.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    I have looked at a lot of stamped Aks and have been seeing some shady work with rivets and such. I work in a stamping department and Program/run CNC machines on the regular, milled part tolerances compared to stamp parts is night and day.
    I would really like to know what manufacturer and models you where looking at... I've been a AK collector for quite some time and it's rare to see improperly riveted stamped ak's... with that said if it's a build or IO gun I can see that as a possibility...

Michael762

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Centeral
    I would really like to know what manufacturer and models you where looking at... I've been a AK collector for quite some time and it's rare to see improperly riveted stamped ak's... with that said if it's a build or IO gun I can see that as a possibility...

Or ras47. I have had no issues with any I've have and they are all stamped

THEFAT45

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2013
    Knox
    I have looked at about 3 or 4 Npaps and more wasrs than I can count. All seem to have something wrong with them. Whether it be rivets, front site post being canted, or furniture not matching up. I know I am being a little picky, but I don't want to buy something and then have to drop money in to it so that I actually have what I wanted in the first place. I think I am going to go ahead and buy a DDI AK and hope for the best. That is if I can find one.

Last edited:

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    I have looked at about 3 or 4 Npaps and more wasrs than I can count. All seem to have something wrong with them. Whether it be rivets, front site post being canted, or furniture not matching up. I know I am being a little picky, but I don't want to buy something and then have to drop money in to it so that I actually have what I wanted in the first place. I think I am going to go ahead and buy a DDI AK and hope for the best. That is if I can find one.
    I can say the later paps where terribly rushed and they did have alot of rivet issues i have a boat load of yugo rifles so i was never interesting in a PAP... They cut alot of corners on them as well 1mm receivers instead of their common 1.5mm ak's, the rivet issue was maninly related to them being too soft and receivers had a poor heat treat.... WASR's are pretty solid gun's Cuir built in Romania (yes they had some canting) but that a really minor issue and its easy to fix (still it was a good value at the time I think i paided $350 for mine years ago new) ... However i see a tread of low dollar ak's and i hate to say with you gamble with CIA and others like IO you get exactly what you pay for.... With that said i have heard great things about the new DDI's and i think it will vastly improve your outlook on the platform

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Century built Yugoslavian underfolder and straight stock AK's for years. They built them with real parts, new barrels, and Nodak Spud receivers (one of the best). Never heard a bad thing about them...ever. I love mine.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    Century built Yugoslavian underfolder and straight stock AK's for years. They built them with real parts, new barrels, and Nodak Spud receivers (one of the best). Never heard a bad thing about them...ever. I love mine.
    I Cant say anything bad about nodak spud reliever's they are all i build on! But with that said the CIA m70ab2's had there share of issues (however most of these issues were pretty minor and could be easily corrected) even they where well known for canted sights, gas blocks, and had bolt carrier that would jump there rails..... however i have one sitting in the safe well over 3000 rounds down the tube (mine had the bolt carrier issue as well as the canted front site) i corrected it by using a thin recoil buffer and resetting and re drilling and re-pinning the front sight

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom