• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iloveguns2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    DYER - NW INDIANA
    I HAVE MISSED OUT ON A LOT OF GOOD DEALS BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE A LTCH... I HAVE NO NEED TO CARRY A CONCEALED WEAPON..THEREFORE I DON'T HAVE THE PERMIT... IF IT IS NOT A LAW TO HAVE THE PERMIT WHEN WE ARE DOING A FACE TO FACE SALE, WHY DO SOME SELLERS REQUIRE IT ? ? ? JUST CURIOUS ???:dunno: :dunno:

indoorsoccerfrea

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    some sellers like it because it is proof of your clean criminal record. since FTF sales do not have access to background checks, if someone has an LTCH than the sellers knows the buyer is not a felon or otherwise prohibited from owning a firearm.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I HAVE NO NEED TO CARRY A CONCEALED WEAPON..THEREFORE I DON'T HAVE THE PERMIT...

Indiana issues a "License To Carry Handgun" - concealment has nothing to do with it. Do you own any handguns? Do you shoot them? If so, how do you legally transport them from your residence to where you go shoot if you don't have an LTCH?

WHY DO SOME SELLERS REQUIRE IT

Because it shows proof that at some point, you went through an Indiana State Police background check and came up clear.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    First of all, you should get a LTCH whether you choose to carry a concealed weapon or not. You need it to legally transport a handgun (with a few exceptions), so if you own a handgun and want to go to the range, you'll need it.

Second, it's at least some evidence that you are not prohibited from purchasing the item the seller is offering.

If you refuse to get a LTCH and still want to deal with people in private transaction, you could ask them if they will accept a recent criminal background check from your local police agency.

iloveguns2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    DYER - NW INDIANA
    SO WHAT HAPPENS IF I PURCHASED A LIFETIME PERMIT AT 19 YEARS OLD ... THEN WENT ON A CRIME SPREE AND DID TIME FROM 20 - 30 YEARS OLD AND WHEN I WAS RELEASED I STILL HAD MY LTCH ???

indoorsoccerfrea

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    they would revoke your license. any felony or sex crime will result in the revocation of your license. i am 19, just got mine, and if i were to be imprisoned for 10 years when i got out, i would not have my lifetime.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    You would be comitting a felony. They also didn't have the lifetime for the last 12 years or so.

They could require a background check. Consider yourself lucky or move on.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    SO WHAT HAPPENS IF I PURCHASED A LIFETIME PERMIT AT 19 YEARS OLD ... THEN WENT ON A CRIME SPREE AND DID TIME FROM 20 - 30 YEARS OLD AND WHEN I WAS RELEASED I STILL HAD MY LTCH ???

i believe your ltch would be revoked.

my father rarley carries (mabye 5 times a year) and it never leaves the truck. he just has his so he doesn't have to think about it or incase he used my truck for ? and my pistol is in there. bottom line is it doesn't hurt in anyway to have a ltch

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    It's not proof that you're not a restricted buyer, but given that I (as a seller) have nothing other than your word to go on, it's an added measure for my peace of mind.

JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    keyboard4.jpg

Seriously.

If you're worried about missed deals, why not pony up the $100 and get a lifetime permit and be done with it?

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    +1 my wife doesnt ever carry, nor does she want to. but i made her get the permit just because.

I want my wife to do the same, even if she decides not to carry herself. I want her to be legal if she has to transport my gun for some reason. Yanno?

She took the car the other nite and we both forgot I had the Bersa in the glovebox. If she woulda been pulled over, it coulda been BAD.

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    I HAVE MISSED OUT ON A LOT OF GOOD DEALS BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE A LTCH... I HAVE NO NEED TO CARRY A CONCEALED WEAPON..THEREFORE I DON'T HAVE THE PERMIT... IF IT IS NOT A LAW TO HAVE THE PERMIT WHEN WE ARE DOING A FACE TO FACE SALE, WHY DO SOME SELLERS REQUIRE IT ? ? ? JUST CURIOUS ???:dunno: :dunno:

IF YOU ARE BUYING FTF FREQUENTLY PISTOLS I WOULD ADVISE YOU GET A LTCH. IF YOU GET PULLED OVER AND THEY FIND A PISTOL YOU BETTER HAVE A RECEIPT BECAUSE THEY MIGHT NOT BELIEVE YOUR STORY THAT "I JUST BOUGHT THIS FROM SO AND SO FROM THE INGO WEBSITE" AND YOU ARE JUST TRANSPORTING IT HOME. WOULD IT NOT MAKE SENSE TO GET A LTCH IF YOU ARE ALREADY HAVE TROUBLE BUYING FIREARMS OR PISTOLS SINCE YOU DON'T HAVE A LTCH?
    IT IS NOT A LAW THAT YOU MUST HAVE A LTCH BUT IT DOES GIVE A CONFIRMATION THAT A PERSON IS LEGAL TO OWN AND CARRY A FIREARM. IT IS A CYA THING, HECK SOME EVEN REQUIRE OR PREFER IT WHEN SELLING RIFLES AND I CAN'T BLAME THEM.

CAPS LOCK IS FUN TO READ ISN'T IT?:rolleyes:

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana

GOOD QUESTION. WOW YOU WOULD BE SURPRISED TO THINK THAT SOMEONE ALREADY THOUGHT OF THAT SCENARIO UP AT THE STATE POLICE HEADQUARTERS.
    WHEN YOU BECOME A CRIMINAL THEY PULL YOUR LTCH. LOOKS LIKE THEY HAVE THAT COVERED.

I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU; WHY ARE YOU SO AGAINST GETTING THE LTCH?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    WHEN YOU BECOME A CRIMINAL THEY PULL YOUR LTCH. LOOKS LIKE THEY HAVE THAT COVERED.

The LTCH is easy to copy. Even if they order you to surrender it, you may have multiple copies that they don't know about. As previously indicated, it's not proof that you're a good guy, but we don't have access to NICS.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    The LTCH is easy to copy. Even if they order you to surrender it, you may have multiple copies that they don't know about. As previously indicated, it's not proof that you're a good guy, but we don't have access to NICS.
    As far as that goes, it'd be easy to forge a copy of someone else's. Or make one on a computer.

I am NOT recommending anybody do that.

Top Bottom