• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Explosive charges against President Calderon of Mexico, who stood before the United States Congress and blamed Mexican violence on U.S. rights.

The accusation: the government of Mexico is conspiring with a drug cartel in order to eliminate the competition.

"Anabel Hernández has made quite the charge: the Sinaloa cartel has bought the Mexican government lock, stock and Calderon. What’s more, the DEA knows about the corruption and plays ball with Calderon to catch other cartels, giving the Sinaloas a pass. Which would account for Calderon’s lack of indignation on the whole Gunwalker deal."

Calderon’s Silence on ATF Gunwalker Scandal Explained | The Truth About Guns

This is amazing and we are just scratching the surface of this scandal.

Gunwalker may very well lead to the fall of governments on both sides of the Rio Grande.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It won't bring down the One. If true and traced back to the Administration, some low level staffer will fall on his sword and confess he was acting with out anyone else's knowledge or direction.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    It won't bring down the One. If true and traced back to the Administration, some low level staffer will fall on his sword and confess he was acting with out anyone else's knowledge or direction.

Actually it will be blamed on Bush and no one in the current administration knew the whole scope of things that were happening.

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana

Hmmm.. kinda like Scooter Libby. Then said LLS will get a pardon just like him.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    This is an act of war against the American people, waged both by our own Federal government and our Southern neighboring country, Mexico. This was absolutely an attempt to eradicate our Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms.

Anyone else deeply disturbed that the ATF is helping a foreign country disarm the American people? Why doesn't Mexico want us armed? Why does the ATF and our Federal government want to strip us of our self defense? What are they both planning to do to us that they wouldn't want us to be able to defend ourselves?

Seriously, attempting to ban/confiscate arms from Americans is an act of war, and these jackasses aren't the first one's to try it.

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana
    This is an act of war against the American people, waged both by our own Federal government and our Southern neighboring country, Mexico. This was absolutely an attempt to eradicate our Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms.

Anyone else deeply disturbed that the ATF is helping a foreign country disarm the American people?

lash, I am a little lost. Admittedly, I have done only a little reading on this scandal, but I'd like to hear more about how this is an attempt to disarm Americans.

The following is sort of the limits of my understanding:

• The BATFE instructed U.S. gun dealers to proceed with illegal sales of firearms to suspected gunrunners, ostensibly so that they could "track" them.
    • They allowed/assisted those firearms to get into Mexico, again, supposedly to see where they turned up.
    • They did not inform the Mexican government of any of the above.
    • Some of the above weapons were used in the deaths of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry and ICE agent Jaime Zapata, and many Mexican citizens.
    • The Obama administration appears to be covering up or at least hiding the facts related to this.
    Edited to add: The OP in this thread appears to address my third bulet pount above, suggesting that this was actually a coordinated effort between the US and the Calderon administration to support *his* alleged drug cartel against the others?

If someone could confirm that I have it right, I'd appreciate it. Lash, how does this translate to disarming Americans? What have I missed?

Thanks

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Lash, how does this translate to disarming Americans? What have I missed?

Do you remember this?

Calderon blasts Arizona immigration law, seeks assault weapons ban - CNN

ATFE's Gunwalker and .gov/.mil FMS program creates a problem and then proposes "solution" of increased funding for ATFE, regulatory authority (remember ATFE's demand for the expansion of the 3310 to long guns along the border?) and more gun bans.

The governments of the USA and Mexico are conspiring to work against the people of both countries . . . but, as a realist/cynic may say . . . what else is new? It's out in the open now and you can bet your last Amero there will be a big stink over it.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I am so hoping this leads to the removal of the "F" from the Bureau of Alcohol and Tobacco and restores the constitutional rights of We The People.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Scandal???? This is no scandal its just business as usual for the Mexican government. Why do you think the Mexicans are invading this country by the millions? Mexico will never be anything more than a corrupt 3rd world country. Revolution after revolution just replacing one corrupt government after another.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Because a year or two ago, Holder, Obama, and Calderon were all saying that the United States needed to ban assault weapons because too many of our evil American assault weapons were ending up in Mexican drug crimes.

Turns out the ATF was the agency allowing the guns to cross the border. The ATF is the same agency that enforced the last assault weapons ban in the United States. It's looking a lot like Obama, Calderon, and Holder wanted to ban assault weapons in the United States, so they got the ATF to allow American guns into Mexico. I would even venture out, far enough on the crazy-tree limb, and suggest that the ICE agents killed were planned by Obama and Holder, so they could go around, telling their sob story about how evil American FFLs let evil American assault weapons into Mexico and those evil American assault weapons directly murdered American agents, which would of course be a grand reason to reinstate the ban.

Too bad for the ATF, Justice Department, White House, and Mexican government, they got caught with their hand in the gun cabinet.

Why else would the ATF allow American guns into Mexico? They were trying to pad their numbers and prove their BS statistics about the number of American assault weapons used in crimes in Mexico. I still have the memory of Holder and Obama telling us about how 90% of the "traceable" guns found in Mexican crimes came from the United States. Of course they are, South American AK manufacturers don't bother stamping a serial number (traceable) on their rifles, like US manufacturers have to do. They could have found 100 guns, and out of that 100, only 10 were firearms with serial numbers, and out of those ten firearms, nine of them had serial numbers that could be traced back to American dealers, which we now know were allowed to cross over by the ATF (same agency that was crying about how many American guns were used in Mexican crimes). With those nine traceable firearms out of the 100 found, the ATF and Justice Department are able to say that 90% of the "traceable" firearms found in Mexico came from the United States. Sounds like a lot, but it isn't.

So I ask again, why else would the ATF have been told to allow guns into Mexico? To bust the bad guys? How? Why? Since when is the ATF involved in drug busts? What's the DEA for? Have the two agencies combined forces?

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana
    Do you remember this?

Calderon blasts Arizona immigration law, seeks assault weapons ban - CNN

Ahhh.. I either missed or forgot about that. Thanks, Kirk. I was just researching it before coming back to the thread. I found a nice quote from Senator John Cornyn: "Moreover, the Second Amendment is not a subject open for diplomatic negotiation, with Mexico or any other nation."

...The governments of the USA and Mexico are conspiring to work against the people of both countries . . . but, as a realist/cynic may say . . . what else is new?

You know, I made a conscious effort to try to quell some of cynicism over the past decade or two. I'm thinking that although I'm a lot happier that way, it may just be due to deluding myself :(

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    You know, I made a conscious effort to try to quell some of cynicism over the past decade or two. I'm thinking that although I'm a lot happier that way, it may just be due to deluding myself :(

Yeah, ignorance is bliss. That is 100%, absolutely true. But there does come a time when we have to wake up from the American dream, preferably before it turns into the American nightmare.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield
    The media will continue to bury this.

Very true. Even this newest twist will be too much for CBS so there is no way anyone else will touch it...

Everyone here keeps talking about the effort to disarm the American citizenry... No one is addressing the real issue. If this government supported drug cartel becomes a monopoly, what is going to happen to the price of Special K.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Trying to get this straight.

The US government, no longer "we the people" is supporting the drug cartel in Mexico by sending them weapons. That would tell me that the US government believes drugs are good.

The US government, no longer "we the people" is then making arrests of US citizens who use drugs the US government lists as illegal.

The US government, no longer "we the people", is allowing unstopped entry into the United States by anyone from Mexico, many of which are here to make money selling drugs that the US government wants them to have and sell, to those of us who will get arrested for buying the drugs from ... really anyone.

Therefore it would seem that the US government, no longer "we the people" is now running an illegal drug operation and those in office should all be arrested and thrown in jail, and a new set of officials elected to replace them.

What am I missing???

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Trying to get this straight.

The US government, no longer "we the people" is supporting the drug cartel in Mexico by sending them weapons. That would tell me that the US government believes drugs are good.

The US government, no longer "we the people" is then making arrests of US citizens who use drugs the US government lists as illegal.

The US government, no longer "we the people", is allowing unstopped entry into the United States by anyone from Mexico, many of which are here to make money selling drugs that the US government wants them to have and sell, to those of us who will get arrested for buying the drugs from ... really anyone.

Therefore it would seem that the US government, no longer "we the people" is now running an illegal drug operation and those in office should all be arrested and thrown in jail, and a new set of officials elected to replace them.

What am I missing???

"...the purpose of government is for those who run it to plunder those who do not. And if you go by that understanding, then it all makes perfect sense."
    -- Thomas J. DiLorenzo

Top Bottom