• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    In my previous article, I discussed several reasons why our system as a whole will come apart. In this article, I want to give the fundamental reason why our stock market will crash from it’s current historical highs.

I mentioned in my earlier article that I believe the deflationary event that will collapse the stock market is already beginning. In a nutshell, it works like this. The baby boomers are the largest generation in American history. They did not have enough kids to replace themselves. This is an important fact to note. Generation X also has not had enough children to replace itself, and Generation Y is only just now old enough to enter the economy en-masse. Generation X, while doing far better than Generation Y, doesn’t make nearly the amount of money on average that the Baby Boomers do. What does this mean for the stock market? Well it’s very simple. Stock prices are being upheld by a combination of fiat money creation by the Fed and Baby Boomers buying stocks. As the Baby Boomers retire, they will stop making money and putting it into the market. Instead, they will start withdrawing money from the market as they tap into their savings for retirement. Now, in order for stock prices to even stay the same, they need as much money flowing in as there is flowing out. Because there aren’t enough Gen Xers to replace Baby Boomers, you cannot do a 1 to 1 replacement. Moreover, not only are there not enough Gen Xers putting money into the market to keep the prices afloat, they don’t make as much money as the Baby Boomers do, so you would actually need MORE Gen Xers to replace the earnings of the Baby Boomers. Generation Y can’t help either. That generation is saddled with debt and can’t even afford to save money, let alone put money into investments. Many of them can’t even get full time employment. Therefore, once enough Baby Boomers retire and start pulling money out of the market, (whatever unknown percentage of them that is) there won’t be enough money flowing in to keep stock prices high, and they will crash at the first trigger.

Moreover, as people get older, they actually spend less money. An 80 year old man is living off his savings and doesn’t buy new luxury sports cars, bigger houses, etc. The only thing they spend more money on is healthcare. (Which is why healthcare is one of the few sectors of the economy projected to grow, and why Obamacare is such a disastrous policy, it’s killing one of our only growing industries.) Thus, as our average population age grows older, the population will buy less goods and services overall. This will lessen demand and prices will fall. Hence the deflation. But wait! It gets better! The labor force participation rate has been dropping steadily since 2008. It has not been lower since the Great Depression. This creates two problems. First, the increased social spending to assist those who aren’t working adds to the deficit and debt problem in our nation. Second, the lower the participation rate, the lower the number of people who are creating wealth and investing in the stock market! The day of reckoning is then hastened.

Understand this is isn’t some theory belonging to the Austrian or Keynesian school of economics. This is cold, hard demographics and math. Unless we suddenly import tens of millions of already rich, investment savvy, 30-40 year old Martians who are popping out productive kids who easily integrate into our society, there will be a stock market crash. But, as I doubt E.T. will be landing and applying for U.S. citizenship anytime soon, we know how this is going to end. I know it’s hard to swallow, and it’s easy to listen to the soothing voices on the TV telling you that it’s going to be OK. The reality is that the mental giants over at the Fed are terrified and are trying to keep it going as long as they can. No one wants to start a panic, so no one wants to admit to what’s going on. They will not admit to a coming stock collapse until it happens. They then won’t admit to a systemic collapse until it happens. It’s important that you accept it and act before it’s too late.

It didn’t have to be this way. If the federal government hadn’t bailed out the major banks in 2008/2009, if the Fed had’t set zero percent interest rates and massive QE programs, we would have had a worse recession in the short term, but we wouldn’t have put ourselves in this position. The market would have had a gradual decline as baby boomers retired, but we wouldn’t have had this giant bubble with historic stock market highs not seen since 1928.
    Now the market is so inflated, and so many people have bought in at such astronomically high prices, that it isn’t realistic that they will get much of their money back when this things comes down. There will be a lot of pain in the road ahead. Do what you can to get out of its way now.

This was originally posted on my website XY Rising ? Because Being A Free Man Shouldn't Be Illegal. If you liked the article, come over and give us a visit.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    In your previous post you spoke about hyper inflation. Hyper inflation is caused by too much currency. Too much currency flows into some assets but not others.

If I were to hazard a guess I would say that this over abundance of currency will continue to flow into equities as there will be few other areas that people will seek shelter.

However the end result will be the same as in Venezuela which has had the best performing stock market of the past couple of years or in Zimbabwe where they had the best performing stock market over a 10 year period from approx 1998-2007. The market there was up an unbelievable percentage and stock prices were up three times more than consumer prices.

However, if you had invested your entire nest egg in Zimbabwe during that time after ten years you would have been able to buy a dozen eggs with the proceeds.

But you would have done better than someone not invested in the market. They would be able to buy nothing.

BTW, I am a quadillionaire in Zimbabwean dollars as I hold 15 $100,000,000,000,000 bills on my desk, just in case.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    All this stuff scares us old people.

I am old but I hold an econ degree, work in finance and have a penchant for economic history.

I am pretty sure what is coming but I cannot tell you when. I am much more fearful for my kids who would ll vote for Bernie Sanders if they were allowed and would vote to enslave themselves. they have been taught well byt he "progressives". Maybe they will wake up but it won't matter.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    In your previous post you spoke about hyper inflation. Hyper inflation is caused by too much currency. Too much currency flows into some assets but not others.

If I were to hazard a guess I would say that this over abundance of currency will continue to flow into equities as there will be few other areas that people will seek shelter.

However the end result will be the same as in Venezuela which has had the best performing stock market of the past couple of years or in Zimbabwe where they had the best performing stock market over a 10 year period from approx 1998-2007. The market there was up an unbelievable percentage and stock prices were up three times more than consumer prices.

However, if you had invested your entire nest egg in Zimbabwe during that time after ten years you would have been able to buy a dozen eggs with the proceeds.

But you would have done better than someone not invested in the market. They would be able to buy nothing.

BTW, I am a quadillionaire in Zimbabwean dollars as I hold 15 $100,000,000,000,000 bills on my desk, just in case.

Please tell me more about Venezuela having one of the best performing stock markets in the last couple of years. Color me skeptical of that, unless the value was $1 and it went to $3 in two years, a 200% increase before it collapsed.

Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis

They've got the same problems. And no money. Who is going to buy enough stocks? The Chinese? LOL they're in a depression and the average person can't afford it. Europe? Same demographics problems and they're already tanking. Africans? Maylays? Never. Gonna. Happen.
    This isn't a US specific problem. There will be no one to bail is out as they're all still going to be struggling to stay afloat.

Last edited:

Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Please tell me more about Venezuela having one of the best performing stock markets in the last couple of years. Color me skeptical of that, unless the value was $1 and it went to $3 in two years, a 200% increase before it collapsed.

This guy. ^^^^
    Hyperinflation, should our government choose that route, causes basic supply chain disruptions as companies can't plan as well as a host of other issues that destroy economic activity.
    If you could print your way to prosperity the Chinese would've become wealthy beyond imagination when they tried it in the middle Ages, Rome would've never collapsed, and the Wiemar Republic would still be standing.

You're far better off holding precious metals. As you pointed yourself, you might be able to buy a basket of eggs instead no eggs. Okay. But that was your life savings which is now gone. You starve like 2 days after the other guy who only held cash. The guy with metals, weapons, and food out-lives both of you.

Best route is to hedge your bets should deflation overwhelm even government actions, (or if they don't decide to ruin the currency) by holding cash, gold, food, and guns.

Last edited:

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around

This is exactly what happens. Looks great because your investment tripled ($1 investment made two years ago became worth $3 today), but the problem is if a hamburger cost $1 two years ago but today costs $10. The numbers are inflating, but the actual value has decreased much more quickly - basically you are up the creek regardless of whether you invested in the stock market or not. The only people making it through will be those who invested in practical items necessary for living and defending - weapons, ammo, tools, practical skills & knowledge, food, fuel, water filtration, plus trade items that are a stable store of value like liquor, cigarettes, toilet paper, and precious metals.

Interesting. I don't think the central banks will let it.

The may try to stop it, but whether they pull it off or not (or for how long?) depends partly on the public and how gullible/unaware they remain.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    They've got the same problems. And no money. Who is going to buy enough stocks? The Chinese? LOL they're in a depression and the average person can't afford it. Europe? Same demographics problems and they're already tanking. Africans? Maylays? Never. Gonna. Happen.
    This isn't a US specific problem. There will be no one to bail is out as they're all still going to be struggling to stay afloat.

The average person doesn't have to buy it. Over half of US households own no stock at all. Prior to widespread 401K/IRA programs, even fewer did. Note the stock market is up substantially despite a 13% drop in households owning stock since 2007. Perhaps demographics aren't the only issue at play...

Stock prices aren't just set based on the number of individuals buying a stock. Stocks are essentially a bet on the future value of the company. If "consumers" ignore it, and prices become depressed then a healthy company will do a stock buy back and take advantage of the attractive low price to keep more money in house. There is not a set number of stocks out there, and the market doesn't behave like a commodities market.

If the average Chinese citizen can't buy a share of Coke, but buys two liters of Coke a week...Coke stock is going to do pretty well. Even when global GPD shrank, US stocks did well and foreign ownership of US stock went up.

Each to their own, but I'll keep buying dividend paying stocks to supplement by pension. Something like this: Living Off Dividends in Retirement - Simply Safe Dividends

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    When the elites lose control of the people, that's when they will trigger a total economic collapse and run-off like bandits while the serfs self-destruct.

Top Bottom