Why you should carry on a loaded chamber...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    The way I see it is that you are either ready or you're not. If the man had practiced consistantly, with or without a round in the chamber, he may have reacted more appropriately. I say have a round chambered, safety off. Since I carry a revolver, that is a given. It seems that the extent of his preparation involved the possession of a firearm, but that is only one part of a broader plan. Thanks for sharing the video.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Yeah, that throws cold water on the "It does not matter if you carry chambered if you train" argument doesn't it?!?

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    wow.

Did he even get a shot off? it looked like he was trying to get one into the chamber when they took the gun from him.

May be his magazine fell out on the floor when he was in the crapper and his 360 degree constant awareness guy costume was in the shop.

IN_Varmntr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    DeKalb County
    Looking at it again, he was shot before he was even reaching for his gun. Looks as if the bad guys were looking to kill no matter what.

Not much for saving yourself in that situation but he still had a chance to bring one or both of them down.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    The way I see it is that you are either ready or you're not. If the man had practiced consistantly, with or without a round in the chamber, he may have reacted more appropriately. I say have a round chambered, safety off. Since I carry a revolver, that is a given. It seems that the extent of his preparation involved the possession of a firearm, but that is only one part of a broader plan. Thanks for sharing the video.

It looked to me like he had trained but having been hit was unable to get the job done and just kept clicking on an empty chamber. IMO that video does make a strong case against empty chamber carry.

That said, that looked more like a hit than a robbery. Too many others around and nothing taken that I could see for it to have been a competent robbery. I would say either a hit or a really scrub planning job by the pukes.

Best,

Joe

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    loaded chamber or not, if someone already has a gun on you and is already pulling the trigger...

You will NOT be able to "out draw" that person.

Chambered or not wouldn't have helped this guy much.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    That's sad. If he was shot before he drew he could have let some rounds of and probably hit some of them.

If you carry always carry loaded or don't carry at all.

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    loaded chamber or not, if someone already has a gun on you and is already pulling the trigger...

You will NOT be able to "out draw" that person.

Chambered or not wouldn't have helped this guy much.

This is the exception I would think, he didnt have any time, loaded or not.

This was a hit.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    I think he could have put a few rounds in the BG's.....it looked like his pistol was malfunctioning....he kept racking the slide with no luck. You should always carry with one in the pipe, but if his first attempt to chamber a round was successful, he may have been able to injure the BG's....very sad regardless....no one should die like that.

Top Bottom