• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    Not a Duck Dynasty fan I guess... check them out. Uncle Si is quite the character, but the whole family is cool. That's a fact, Jack!

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Not a Duck Dynasty fan I guess... check them out. Uncle Si is quite the character, but the whole family is cool. That's a fact, Jack!

I guess not but I have heard of it. I know it has a following so now it make sense to some degree....Still, I can't help but picture a creepy looking kid standing on a swinging bridge over a river with a banjo swinging back and forth in his hand...

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Not a fan of people who are famous for the sake of fame. Reality TV is an oxymoron and is usually scripted. Dumb down the entertainment so the average viewer can point their finger at how dumb the people are on TV and it makes it entertaining to watch and makes the viewers comfortable with their own lack of intelligence.

That's my super critical view of TV, otherwise it can be kinda sorta funny sometimes. I swear I will NEVER watch an episode of that honey boo boo.

parsimonious

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    SE IN
    LOL, and to think when I seen the title of this thread I sighed [pun not intended] and thought, oh jeez another one of these threads.:rolleyes:
    I almost didn't bother to look.

jtbriles

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Outside the box
    I'm not a big fan of reality TV, but the show is entertaining. It is even more interesting knowing how educated the family really is and the history of the father, Phil Robertson, the founder of Duck Commander and Si's (the story teller) brother.

Bob2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    Even smart people can have fun, and even act like idiots sometimes...

One of my favorite facts is that Phil was college 1st string QB over.... Terry Bradshaw. Turned down going pro after I think his Jr year, wanted to hunt instead and started the business.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Not a fan of people who are famous for the sake of fame. Reality TV is an oxymoron and is usually scripted. Dumb down the entertainment so the average viewer can point their finger at how dumb the people are on TV and it makes it entertaining to watch and makes the viewers comfortable with their own lack of intelligence.

That's my super critical view of TV, otherwise it can be kinda sorta funny sometimes. I swear I will NEVER watch an episode of that honey boo boo.

:yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway:

I believe that the movie Idiocracy is a documentary.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I miss REAL TV programming.

We dumped cable about 6 years ago to save $$. Over the past two years traveling on business I had a chance to watch CATV again. I discovered my favorite cable channels like History, Discovery, TLC have pretty much been completely overrun by reality TV and the entertaining (and enlightening) shows like History's Mysteries, etc are gone.

Apparently reality TV costs relatively nothing to produce, so everybody and their brother quit paying actors and producers and opted for getting "real" people to go on the screen pretty much for free.

Im glad I dont pay for cable anymore. What a waste.

Top Bottom