• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Maybe krill and other zooplankton in the ocean?

Ding Ding Ding. The ocean supplies the majority of just about everything, from oxygen (Algae and such in the oceans) to food.

Except for bacon, of course. Until we come up with sea pigs :rockwoot:

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I think the problem is addressed incorrectly. This is the wrong group to be telling they cannot be self sustaining. The masses are a much bigger concern, be it the food stamp crowd or those who believe food comes from the McD's drive up.
    Threads like this reinforce why food stamps are good.

Poor people eat for free until the SHTF, then we eat for free. For most, the mass of human flesh will be the most readily available source of protein.

Move away from the cities if you intend to survive.

Jarhead77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Noblesville
    Not new to the thoughts of Heirloom seeds and mini farming. Perfectly good thinking there...and I agree we should be "practicing" now, just like we all do with our weapons. I am curious how far everyone thinks you have to be "away" from the city? Seems like close to "defendable" water and land are probably enough. Not naive enough to think it won't be a fight, but in reality it seems like there really will not be any one place that is safe... it will just take the hoards longer to get to them?

Now, I'm sure some of you will say "stay close to the city Jarhead and thin the hoard for us out in the country" but...really, do you think they won't figure out pretty quickly where those of us who are well armed are? and avoid us to go after the easier meal?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Threads like this reinforce why food stamps are good.

Poor people eat for free until the SHTF, then we eat for free. For most, the mass of human flesh will be the most readily available source of protein.

Move away from the cities if you intend to survive.

Ewww.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I am curious how far everyone thinks you have to be "away" from the city? Seems like close to "defendable" water and land are probably enough. Not naive enough to think it won't be a fight, but in reality it seems like there really will not be any one place that is safe... it will just take the hoards longer to get to them?

Now, I'm sure some of you will say "stay close to the city Jarhead and thin the hoard for us out in the country" but...really, do you think they won't figure out pretty quickly where those of us who are well armed are? and avoid us to go after the easier meal?

I define away from the city as far enough away that a mob isn't going to just wonder on by your place after a few days. A subdivision is what I consider city by my standards.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I define away from the city as far enough away that a mob isn't going to just wonder on by your place after a few days. A subdivision is what I consider city by my standards.

They got subdivided neighborhoods in Monrovia. Ain't nobody gonna just stumble upon one of those.

Probably need something more specific. Distance from epicenter of highest violence perhaps. Proximity to lower socioeconomic neighborhoods and/or neighborhoods with high renter/owner occupant make up.

Marion Co is probably screwed by any standard, unfortunately. And Mooresvile, Camby, and Plainfield will follow suit when the violence migrates for its intended purpose.

tobi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    [
    Food production is practically at the Maximum yield, There is almost no way that it can be increased.

The government is still paying farmers to "not plant" thousands and thousands" (if not millions and millions) acres of farmland

Top Bottom