• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • katfishinking

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    southwestern ind.
    i have a shot at purchasing 1 of 2 different mosins. 1 is in great looking condition.it is a shorter version, of 1954 or so.the other one is longer, not so good looking. both are operable,with open sights. I think either would be a nice addition to my collection. I can have either one for $150. which would you get? thanks in advance.

Street Howitzer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2013
    South Bend
    Based on your description, the "short one" is I'm guessing a Chinese T53. The other one is likely a regular 91/30. The 91/30 might be worth that if it's in near perfect shape, thats what they sell for "new" these days. T53s sell "new" for less than $150 as far as I know, so unless the version you're speaking of is mint condition, I'd pass.

Ultimately we need more info. The short one could be an M44 which is worth about $250 these days. The long one could be an early hex reciever, or it could be an old dragoon or something in which case it's worth much more than $150. We need pictures of the guns and pictures of the markings on the recievers to be of any help.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Wait guys, that date makes me think it is a T53 (especially at that price). I'd do the T53 (Chinese clone of the M44) because I like the length. Check the barrel though, I have seen a few T53's that look like the proverbial sewer pipe.

elemonator

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Peru, IN
    +1 on pics or more description....the short one is in "great condition", most type 53s arent in any realm of that,so if it has a bayonet,could be that or an M-44, unless it's a 91/59 or type 38, I'd def. get that one, if the other could be a finn $150 is a steal. I could go on but ehhh..

Hoosierman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    Dunhams has half a dozen 91/30s for 139 I believe. They go on sale for 119 or less all the time, so personally I wouldn't buy one at that price, but the shorter one could be worth much more than they're asking. Unless the 91/30 is a sniper... yeah we need pics.

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    The 54 could be either Polish, Romanian, or Chinese, but your description of being in great shape almost excludes it being Chinese since most of them are well used. Get the 54, at that price it is a better deal.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    i have a shot at purchasing 1 of 2 different mosins. 1 is in great looking condition.it is a shorter version, of 1954 or so.the other one is longer, not so good looking. both are operable,with open sights. I think either would be a nice addition to my collection. I can have either one for $150. which would you get? thanks in advance.

I would make him an offer for both Mosins! But if you see the Hex receiver then definately buy that one.

Top Bottom