• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Your wife had character for having answered the question to the best of her ability. The trooper followed-up and interviewed her in an appropriate manner. Your wife can go about with a clean conscience and not have to worry about something coming back to bite her later, like her ex finding out about her permit and reporting her psychiatric appointment. It's good to know that the ISP are scrutinizing the application process. What I worry about are the questions that some applicants might not answer truthfully and ISP not finding out about.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'll harken back to the beginning.
    I'm not sure what has become of the popular use of counselors (psychiatrists) would have any bearing on what the founders of our country deemed a right.
    So, I don't think it's a legal question, role or authority for them to be faking to ask the question.
    Sorry, I'm in the WWFFD mood at the moment.

dyerwatcher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    Colorado
    I'm glad to see the process works and reasonableness occurred. +1 to your wife and the LEO that handled her application. I live in NW Indiana and I am glad we are not like Vermont - it lends credibility to our process.

meldusty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2009
    I am glad she did the right thing and she got her permit. She should hold her head high and walk proud and of course shoot straight.

Flitmob

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Tell her CONGRATS.

I think the key part of that question on the application as I read it was for emotional or mental illness. I think going to talk to someone because you are having a rough time does not count as an illness. I think an illness is something more long term.

I am not a doctor though.....:dunno:

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    The problem with such a system is that we would not have reciprocity with other states. In other words, we would not be able to carry in other states unless we obtained non-resident permits froms states like Utah, Florida, etc.

Couldn't we have a two-tiered system? One for Indiana residents that required no permit to carry, like VT. Those that wanted to could take a "reciprocity class", which would be designed to appeal to the max amount of states in order for them to honor it, i.e. - design this class to appeal to the strictest state. I see this as a win-win for everyone. Thoughts?

Top Bottom