Wife said yes to another of my vague questions!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    I said do you care if I get two new workbenches? I need a 6 foot and and 8 foot bench to replace the old ones. She said I don't care.

So I ordered these........
    GAWB08MTZG.jpg

I will now have the workbench I need for my projects.

SkinNFluff

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Mauckport, Indiana
    Congrats on the new workbenches! I have been focusing on getting my workshop in order. Still have a long way to go but i should have it about done by the end of the year.

Uh, dude... "I don't care" means "No!".

Actually it would depend on the tone of her voice. My wife says "I don't care" a lot when I ask her questions. In most cases she just truly does not care one way or the other. But then there are the other times and you can easily tell by her tone that she means no.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I don't care always meant you'll pay for it later! :rofl: But a dude's gotta have bench space! I build my own. I have never had a commercial bench take the abuse I put them threw.

I will admit that does look heavier then the average. Let us know how it works out.

Markedup

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I said do you care if I get two new workbenches? I need a 6 foot and and 8 foot bench to replace the old ones. She said I don't care.

So I ordered these........
    GAWB08MTZG.jpg

I will now have the workbench I need for my projects.

You may find yourself sleeping on the 8 ft. bench some night.
    Anybody else keep a blanket and pillow under their workbench?

Thanks

Mark

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Most of it has arrived and it is put together. Fedex caused some drama on getting them to me. They destroyed the first three cabinets and I had to get three more shipped to me. Of that order, they destroyed one and the last replacement showed up today. So it took seven boxes to get three undamaged cabinets.

The shipper of the work benches didn't do much better. The eight foot table made it to my place with no problem. The six foot table was dropped and ruined at the warehouse. The replacement will not make it to my place until next week.

So by next week, it will all be done and I can start working in a real shop. My guess is the shippers caused at least $1,450 in product damages and extra shipping costs that they will eat. View attachment 37561

Last edited:

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    The bigger bench in my garage is made of 2x12s. I think it is 14' long and bolted to the wall. I get violent some times. One smaller bench is 8' and has 2 grinders on it and several pounds of metal shavings. It is bolted to the wall too. 4 car garage and no room for cars. They park outside. Wife asks if there is room for her car.. Ah not really. We have a 3 car garage and a 4 car, plus a 16x35 shed.

About the best I get is, the neighbors are calling and asking what the hell are you doing now????

Top Bottom