Will I be able to rent and shoot in Ohio?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fg12351

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Fishers
    I'm traveling to Ohio next week for work for a few days and had some questions:

I won't be taking my handgun as I cannot take it into my workplace there (or the parking lot) and don't want to leave it in my rental car or hotel room. Plus I don't have my Utah non-resident permit and I know Ohio can be a tad finnicky with the rules.

My question is: If I go to a shooting range, can I rent a gun and shoot?

I'm asking because when I was in the Communist state of IL once I went to a range and tried to rent a gun to shoot and they informed me that I could not as I didn't have my Illinois Firearms ID (or something like that)...

I do have my Indiana LTCH.

Anyone know?

Thanks,

FG12351

fg12351

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Fishers
    I'll be there for about 4 days. It's training for work. I won't be with anyone so I would be going to the range alone.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Call the place and ask!

I'm sure there wouldn't be any problem. While not being "Indiana free", OH is still a heck of a lot better place than IL.

-J-

bwhamilton

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    granted its vice versa, but i still have my ohio license and use it to shoot at ranges all over indiana. shouldnt be a problem at all. the only point of using it is to verify that you are over 21 - if renting a handgun.

if you are super worried, just have your buddy rent it and you go shoot it. they usually wont id you look like you're going to be shooting a rental handgun.

jim b

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    I have to work in Ohio all the time and have rented quite a few times with no problems at all. Where ya headed? I might be able to give you the names of some good shops to check out if i am familiar with the area.

fg12351

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Fishers
    Awesome, sounds like I am good to go. Thanks guys! I just thought I would check. I'll be in and around Cleveland.

jim b

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    I have been working around the south side of cleveland off and on for the last year and can say that the selection of good shops around there is poor. I have visited a couple of different ones but the prices are eithr way to high, the staff is rude, or the selection is poor.

If you are traveling up I-71 from columbus make sure you stop at Fin Feather and Fur Outfitters Fin Feather & Fur Outfitters - Hunting Rifles, Camping & Archery Equipment, Sporting Goods
    I think it is exit 186 off of 71 but you might want to double check. They have a great selection of new and used guns with very good prices. Their ammo prices have been some of the best over the last few months. Their should be a link to their latest flier on their web site.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I have been working around the south side of cleveland off and on for the last year and can say that the selection of good shops around there is poor. I have visited a couple of different ones but the prices are eithr way to high, the staff is rude, or the selection is poor.

If you are traveling up I-71 from columbus make sure you stop at Fin Feather and Fur Outfitters Fin Feather & Fur Outfitters - Hunting Rifles, Camping & Archery Equipment, Sporting Goods
    I think it is exit 186 off of 71 but you might want to double check. They have a great selection of new and used guns with very good prices. Their ammo prices have been some of the best over the last few months. Their should be a link to their latest flier on their web site.

I agree with Jim.
    I don't believe you can even sell guns inside the city limits of cleveland anymore. Which pretty much sucks because the gun shows at the IX center were awesome. I've never been to the 1500 to compare, but I'm guessing the OGCA shows @ the IX center were better.
    F-F-F is a great shop, too. I bought my first XD40 there back in 2004. Nice people, good prices.

Top Bottom