• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Dont know anyone involved but your post does give food for thought. Not everyone should be carrying, even if they have a right to. May seem unfair and judgmental but........

Precisely. Chases down someone with a crow bar and puts them in ICU. What if he would have had a gun? Was the crook even armed? These are very important things to be considered.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    link to your source please ?

I don't have a link and IANAL, but I believe it is part of common law. Excessive force appears to be the problem here. But, any citizen's arrest requires the use of force to subdue the 'particular individual' until police arrive. If a man grabs your wallet, I am certain you can punch him in the face a few times to prevent his escape and then tie him up, so long as your very next step is to alert police, and not to torture the guy or use excessive force.

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    I don't have a link and IANAL, but I believe it is part of common law. Excessive force appears to be the problem here. But, any citizen's arrest requires the use of force to subdue the 'particular individual' until police arrive. If a man grabs your wallet, I am certain you can punch him in the face a few times to prevent his escape and then tie him up, so long as your very next step is to alert police, and not to torture the guy or use excessive force.

IC 35-41-3-3Use of force relating to arrest or escape*****
    Sec. 3. (a) A person other than a law enforcement officer is justified in using reasonable force against another person to effect an arrest or prevent the other person's escape if:********
    (1) a felony has been committed; and********
    (2) there is probable cause to believe the other person committed that felony.
    However, such a person is not justified in using deadly force unless that force is justified under section 2 of this chapter.

There's the rub. You'd better be sure the crime committed is a felony before you start using force to affect a citizens arrest.

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org
    Wow.... This thread has really moved lol.

Orion arms called my buddy today. He was on hold for a P95. He got to pick it up today so hopefully his LTCH will go thru

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Wow.... This thread has really moved lol.

Orion arms called my buddy today. He was on hold for a P95. He got to pick it up today so hopefully his LTCH will go thru

Glad to here your buddy got his gun. The P95 is a solid pistol. Make sure you teach him the ins and outs of working that DA/SA trigger.

Honestly I don't know if he should carry. If he chased someone and beat them into the ICU then what will he do if he catches someone.again, execute them with his carry gun?

Mixed feelings about this because the young man showed bad judgement. But that is part of being young and lets face it experience is basically learning from your mistakes. However just because he has a bit of a past does not mean he should not be able to carry a gun. 1) People mature a lot between 18 - 24. 2) Next to fathering a child, carrying a gun is the biggest responsibility a person can have. My guess is that instead of getting mad this young man would recognize that introducing a gun into the situation would make it worse and alter his actions.

Having met Micah I am sure he will give his young friend some tips on how to properly handle his new weapon.

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org
    Thank you for that Vert.

I took him to Henryville right after he picked it up. $60 worth of ammo goes down range pretty fast lol.

109F58E6-7560-472F-B029-32BB0514E714-686-000000C3D1B795A7_zpse404c73e.jpg

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org
    Precisely. Chases down someone with a crow bar and puts them in ICU. What if he would have had a gun? Was the crook even armed? These are very important things to be considered.

Wow....crow bar?? Where did I say anything about Daniel having a weapon? Talk about jumping to conclusion.

swilk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2008
    Assuming that is a Cowboys tattoo on his right arm I say give him the permit .... obviously a good guy.

j/k ... I would say that he wont know until he tries. So ... try.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    A good friend of mine wants to apply for his LTCH. He is 24 now. When he was 18 he caught someone breaking into his car and beat the crook to the point he was placed in the ICU for a week. My friend got 1 year of probation. No jail time. The crook ran and my buddy chased after him.

When he was 18 and again at 19 he got 2 separate misdemeanor for weed. 6 months probation for each offense.

If he is not eligible now, is there a time limit that will allow those issues to disappear?

Man you know a few people with records haha

EXLINE

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Hendricks Co.
    I use to smoke a lot of pot when I was younger and got a couple possession of paraphernalia charges which I pled to so I didn't lose my drivers license because you do for Poy possession. I got my ltch when I was young and was able to buy rifles and shotguns but got denied a handgun purchase when I was 21. Per indiana code I was labeled a drug abuser which is 2 or more drug charges within 5 yrs but pot doesn't fall into that category but everything else does. Good news is that's long over and once the first paraphernalia fell off I was good to go. Ole' the good days of being young and dumb thinking you were invincible. Glad all that is behind me and no I don't smoke pot anymore

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    I use to smoke a lot of pot when I was younger and got a couple possession of paraphernalia charges which I pled to so I didn't lose my drivers license because you do for Poy possession. I got my ltch when I was young and was able to buy rifles and shotguns but got denied a handgun purchase when I was 21. Per indiana code I was labeled a drug abuser which is 2 or more drug charges within 5 yrs but pot doesn't fall into that category but everything else does. Good news is that's long over and once the first paraphernalia fell off I was good to go. Ole' the good days of being young and dumb thinking you were invincible. Glad all that is behind me and no I don't smoke pot anymore

"Do you take drugs, Danny?"
    "Every day"
    "Good. So, what's the problem?"

Top Bottom