Will we see calls for Bow and Arrow control now?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Sounds like the "victim" had intent upon approaching the "suspect"

"The victim approached the house with a weapon"

"Bittingers brothers state that he was shot while approaching the house"

Not having been there I don't know what really happened, but if someone came to my house with a weapon and a bunch of reinforcements, I think that I was in a posistion to fear death or serious bodily harm.......:dunno:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    KDKA said:
    The coroner says Bittinger died when the arrow punctured his lung and blood filled his heart.

Another example of great writing. I used to think news people were college educated, but even a child knows that the heart is normally filled with blood!

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Another example of great writing. I used to think news people were college educated, but even a child knows that the heart is normally filled with blood!

A friend of mine is hiring a paid internship and among the applicants are 10 year veterans of the WSJ and the NY Times. All of the good writers are getting laid off and replaced by kids who will do the job for free. I don't think many papers/news outlets even have copy editors anymore. :(

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    Most cities have an ordinance against "shooting a bow" in the corporate city limits.
    Therefore it was probably against the law anyhow, if he was in the city. Not to mention the fact that he was shooting at a living being, which is against the law.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Sounds like the "victim" had intent upon approaching the "suspect"

"The victim approached the house with a weapon"

"Bittingers brothers state that he was shot while approaching the house"

Not having been there I don't know what really happened, but if someone came to my house with a weapon and a bunch of reinforcements, I think that I was in a posistion to fear death or serious bodily harm.......:dunno:

Agreed- I also think I would grab something besides a bow.

Maybe the shooter had been watching Rambo:dunno:

insanemonkey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Lake County
    they do at chinamart just by the bar code they can tell you who bought it if you used a credit card. i dont buy chinamart arrows. i am too finiky about Chinamart to buy a whole lot of stuff there.

I am not so sure that a UPC gives them the ability to track a certain arrow to you. They will be able to see that you bought an arrow there. UPCs are normally the same for every item of an item type. If you are so worried then buy with cash.

Top Bottom