Status
    Not open for further replies.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Scientists already knew how coronaviruses "work".

The genome was mapped in January 2020, which means scientists knew exactly what they needed to target on the coronavirus spike protein in order to prevent it from replicating.

A dab of this, a bit of that, and WHAMMO there's your vaccine. The bioNtech (Pfizer) vaccine started trials in late April 2020.

Supercomputers and advanced biological science allow things to happen a bit faster than the time of Salk.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    This short paper posted in the lancet makes some interesting inferences about vaccine efficiency. Mainly that the number we are all being fed is relative risk reduction and not absolute risk reduction. Relative risk reduction being dependent on virus prevalence and transmission if I’m reading this right.where the absolute risk reductions of the vaccines are very low

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    How did of the pharmaceutical companies that offer "vaccines" actually start the research? Did they start from scratch? Were they given previous research? Just how did they "create" their vaccines?
    All of the vaccines in the US are based off of a base vaccine that was created for a different virus.

J&J is based on an adenovirus vaccine modified.
    Novavax is a modified Influenza base I believe.
    Moderna and Pfizer use the same style mRNA they were trying with Zika , Rabies, and CMV.
    I think the AZ overseas is based on a rhinovirus but I might be wrong without looking it up.
    The Russian and Chinese vaccines I have no clue about.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Totally unrelated to this thread, but I have to applaud you and several others. While we are on different sides of the discussion, I've seen many of you pointing out inconsistencies (for lack of a better word) with the narrative on the side of the debate you take. I respect the **** out of that.
    Well, thanks, but I just think the truth is the most important thing. Truth over ego. Sometimes I think people may just think I’m an a**, and sometimes I don’t say stuff right, but I just want the truth.
    My effort in this particular case is to help a brother be consistent in his logic, not to downgrade him in any way, so we can beat the pants off you and prove you wrong!!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I think people may just think I’m an a**, and sometimes I don’t say stuff right, but I just want the truth.
    iu

;)

smittygj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    I'll share what I can.

I live in a country who controls everything.

Rules have been (until today), you must wear mask's at all times. No mask, 20BD fine ($53 USD). Talk back? You get hooked up, and go before judge, who usually meters out fine of 1000BD to 3000BD ($2650 to $8000 USD) plus 6 months in Jail.

Now with Pakistani and Indian variants on island, country is shutting down. Everything retail is closed as of midnight tonight. For next 14 days, only things open is Grocery Stores, Fruit and vegetable stands, pharmacies, and banks/money changers. We are locked down as of tonight.

Last year during the worst of the pandemic, the country had maybe up to 1500 cases per day, and maybe 3 or 4 deaths per day. As of this past weekend, they had 2800 cases or more per day, and 20 to 30 deaths per day.
    I dunno what is going on, but it's not good.

I'll be hunkering down with my son this weekend and just chillin'. Can't go anywhere anyway, so we might as well break out the Axis and Allies.....

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I'll share what I can.

Rules have been (until today), you must wear mask's at all times. No mask, 20BD fine ($53 USD). Talk back? You get hooked up, and go before judge, who usually meters out fine of 1000BD to 3000BD ($2650 to $8000 USD) plus 6 months in Jail.

Now with Pakistani and Indian variants on island, country is shutting down. Everything retail is closed as of midnight tonight. For next 14 days, only things open is Grocery Stores, Fruit and vegetable stands, pharmacies, and banks/money changers. We are locked down as of tonight.

Last year during the worst of the pandemic, the country had maybe up to 1500 cases per day, and maybe 3 or 4 deaths per day. As of this past weekend, they had 2800 cases or more per day, and 20 to 30 deaths per day.

I'll be hunkering down with my son this weekend and just chillin'. Can't go anywhere anyway, so we might as well break out the Axis and Allies.....
    Interesting, did tourism increase lately? I'm guessing they controlled the borders last year?

smittygj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    Nope. But the workforce here is predominately Indian, Pakistani, and Malaysian. They have as of today stopped them from coming in.
    Bahrain News Agency reported that the medical taskforce constituted by the Bahrain government for combatting COVID-19 had recommended suspension of travel from 'red list' nations, where risk of COVID-19 was highest.

The countries on Bahrain's red list are India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Nepal. Citizens of Bahrain and residency visa holders are not affected by the suspension.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    If only a couple thousand people died in China as CCP claims then why the high mad rush for the vaccine? My thoughts are that if death rates here were as high as they were in China then we wouldn’t be having this conversation at all

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    The virus went through my house in November before the vaccine was available. My wife and daughter had a fever for a couple of days then got better. I had cold symptoms for a couple of days and tested positive. Having whipped covid once I find no reason to believe my immune system won't rise to the challenge again.

Reactions: wcd

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I'll share what I can.

Welcome to what sippy cup Joe wishes for the United States

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    This short paper posted in the lancet makes some interesting inferences about vaccine efficiency. Mainly that the number we are all being fed is relative risk reduction and not absolute risk reduction. Relative risk reduction being dependent on virus prevalence and transmission if I’m reading this right.where the absolute risk reductions of the vaccines are very low

I read the article... basically, what it said was even though the AZ-Oxford vaccine was the least EFFECTIVE of the four vaccines in use in the western world, during the trials of the vaccines, it's claimed to be the most EFFICIENT because during the time the trial took place, COVID was more prevalent within the entire population (UK mostly), again during the trials.

Although, by that measure, if any of the other vaccines had been trialed at the same time within the same population, they ALL would have been more EFFICIENT than AZ-Oxford.

Oh, wait, the lead author is from Oxford... that couldn't have anything to do with it, lol.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    I'll share what I can.

Sorry to hear that... is/are the vaccine(s) equally available to nationals and non-nationals? My understanding is about half of the population consists of non-nationals.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom