• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joegrz308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2015
    Lake County
    Yes, I was there last week. Very nice range however as cease fires are about every 15-20 minutes, it is easy to spend a couple of hours shooting. Range officers will let you know if you are shooting too quick but didn't seem to mind handling firearms behind the shooting line or sweeping others. Strange. Also, all firearms must be cased upon entry, including carry guns.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Actually that fund is dispersed to states in proportion to that states hunting license sales, so it is funds that were allocated to Indiana. It id our hunters who built it. I pay in even though I don't hunt, but it is Indiana hunters who supplied the funds.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Actually, I was told there would be a fee. I'm OK with a reasonable users fee. Others will no doubt disagree. We can also argue what is "reasonable".

Hourly vs daily especially if there are cease fires every 15-20 min. I would go a daily route and think those who are complaining about the fees would agree.

WILSON

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Top, left-hand corne
    I have to say i'm really disappointed with the DNR and Willow Slough. I'm not paying $7 an hour to an Illinois company to go shoot on public state park land, at the very least it should be $7 for the whole day. I can go to my local indoor range for an hour, whenever we go to Willow Slough it's always a 3-4 hour event and there's usually 1-3 people with me.

Get the word out to avoid this range. Go to Jasper-Pulaski, or even Kingsbury, i believe they only charge $4 for the entire day.

Bordertown Guns owns this now, and like any business they have their own profits in mind.

:xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad:

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Went to Willow Slough today. They did a nice job, wouldn't recognize it. The guy inside the facility asked me to fill out a form, name address, etc. He said I don't have to answer any personal stuff (e-mail, occupation) and I didn't.

They have lots of rules, but overall I'm ok with them. The breaks weren't as bad as I thought and it ends guys endlessly asking for breaks to check their targets. Nice to not have to deal with a porta potty.

Also wore my new NRA ear protection, pretty worthless. I'm going to ask for a refund.

Huss691981

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Maracco
    How many of you have actually been there? If you haven't...how do know it is terrible? Most people have done nothing but complain, and frankly if you can't afford $7, you probably can't afford the ammo your gonna shoot. Just my 2cents. No doubt others will disagree.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    How many of you have actually been there? If you haven't...how do know it is terrible? Most people have done nothing but complain, and frankly if you can't afford $7, you probably can't afford the ammo your gonna shoot. Just my 2cents. No doubt others will disagree.

First post. You didn't even visit Introductions and Greetings to introduce yourself.

Wow! Came here just to troll this thread.

BTW is this Doug or Stacie?

Last edited:

Huss691981

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Maracco
    If I were just trolling I would have been more of an a$$. I am just wondering what I asked. I joined to see the pics at the beginning of the thread. After reading the comments, that was the first question that poped into my head. Sorry if it was taken the wrong way. I do like the idea you guys have had with the private range and hope it works out for you guys.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If I were just trolling I would have been more of an a$$. I am just wondering what I asked. I joined to see the pics at the beginning of the thread. After reading the comments, that was the first question that poped into my head. Sorry if it was taken the wrong way. I do like the idea you guys have had with the private range and hope it works out for you guys.

Introduce your self.

Welcome and enjoy the forum.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Sorry for my inference Huss, we have had some trolls coming in lately. For a first post that was kind of raw. I had no previous posts to be able to judge your normal demeanor, so, I do hope i never see you being an a$$.

As to the slough, since you live in morocco I assume you have been able to visit it a lot prior to the renovations. I am not surprised that after years of shooting there for free you would nor be put out by paying $28 a half day. It only makes sense that you like the idea.

For me an hour drive makes it less convenient for me to me and I will just go to Winamac.

Top Bottom