Wilson Combat 1911 .45 for how much? no way! no really, that much?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I have shot my fair share of Wilsons and the rest. Yes they are really well made and a joy to just fondle. As to shooting "Better" than my 1911's....once past the mystique of wielding a 3K plus 1911 they group up just like mine do. Of course, the gun is only as good as he who wields it.
    Not sure about "as good as", but I'd buy "no better than."

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not sure about "as good as", but I'd buy "no better than."

I have 2 Springfields that will group up with any Wilson I have shot but again.....it is me shooting them. Gun is only as good as the operator.

A Wilson is a work of mechanical art. If you have any knowledge of firearms it is a visual joy to behold one. I am in awe of some I have seen and "Fondled. I saw Nates Wilson "Vert" at the NRA class he put on yesterday. Damn fine example. He would not let me touch it......:(
    Can't say as I blame him either.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    I have 2 Springfields that will group up with any Wilson I have shot but again.....it is me shooting them. Gun is only as good as the operator.

A Wilson is a work of mechanical art. If you have any knowledge of firearms it is a visual joy to behold one. I am in awe of some I have seen and "Fondled. I saw Nates Wilson "Vert" at the NRA class he put on yesterday. Damn fine example. He would not let me touch it......:(

The one I shoot the best surprised me, it had those big dot sights on it. Who wants those ugly things! My eyes loved them. :dunno:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour

I'm sorry bud. I would have been happy to let you shoot my girl. Just that she is so used to being on my side that it slipped my mind. Trust me she shoots straight.

cavemike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    rockhopper,

As much as I am lusting after a CQB (wish I had pulled the lever on the one I had quoted 1 1/2 years ago) I really want one of those Occidental Leather holsters.
    I was late in finding out they even made them. I called and the CS said they quit making the a couple of months before I called. I have used their mail bags and belts for about 25 years. Quality is what it is.

Mike

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm sorry bud. I would have been happy to let you shoot my girl. Just that she is so used to being on my side that it slipped my mind. Trust me she shoots straight.

I am sure that if asked you would have let me. Maybe it was a good thing I did not. Temptation is an ugly thing when you are an addict.

You showed us it was a shooter.

I wanted to stick around and run the gun I just finished but the hour and a half drive home made me leave.

Good time with all of you. I learned some things.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    rockhopper,

As much as I am lusting after a CQB (wish I had pulled the lever on the one I had quoted 1 1/2 years ago) I really want one of those Occidental Leather holsters.
    I was late in finding out they even made them. I called and the CS said they quit making the a couple of months before I called. I have used their mail bags and belts for about 25 years. Quality is what it is.

Mike

cavemike, Tim at TT Gunleather may be able to make you one. Occidental is owned by Tim's father if I'm not mistaken, and that holster was Tim's design. I got another one from Tim that is slightly different; he calls it his "Mike's Special" and it sits a little lower, has a little more cant and is double stitched versus single stitched. It is equally as comfortable. In any case, you might give him a shout and see.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The one I shoot the best surprised me, it had those big dot sights on it. Who wants those ugly things! My eyes loved them. :dunno:

I'm like that with a different gun. I will not befoul this thread with the name, but the big dot sights are a heck of a lot easier to see no matter which part of the bifocals I'm looking through. One of these days, I'm going to take BBI's recommendation and bond a golf ball to the front of the slide. I'm pretty sure I could see that even without glasses.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm like that with a different gun. I will not befoul this thread with the name, but the big dot sights are a heck of a lot easier to see no matter which part of the bifocals I'm looking through. One of these days, I'm going to take BBI's recommendation and bond a golf ball to the front of the slide. I'm pretty sure I could see that even without glasses.

You can say RIA in here and no one will rant off at you like the Glock thread.....at least I will not....:)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    You can say RIA in here and no one will rant off at you like the Glock thread.....at least I will not....:)

You do have to be careful when you touch the third wire and point out that Glocks are not perfect. That's asking for a holy war. The Glock fanboys just cannot handle the idea that their guns are capable of failure.

And, yes, I said the G word twice here. The next time I'm at the range, I'll do three failure drills and a couple of Mozambique drills to atone.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You do have to be careful when you touch the third wire and point out that Glocks are not perfect. That's asking for a holy war. The Glock fanboys just cannot handle the idea that their guns are capable of failure.

And, yes, I said the G word twice here. The next time I'm at the range, I'll do three failure drills and a couple of Mozambique drills to atone.

I figured you would understand.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Wait...I should retract my last post and add something of value to the conversation. Something with depth and meaning. A positive to the thread................Nah, I got nothing

Carry on.

Top Bottom