• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • devious169

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Earth and you?
    I recently placed a order with wilson combat to complete a upper I've had tucked away for a while. I purchased a barrel,gasblock,gastube,flash hider and a semi auto bcg. Upon receiving my order I took out the bcg which was wrapped in bubble wrap. Well the bubble wrap was stuck to the bcg like it was melted. No biggie I expect to thoroughly clean any new part. But that's where the problem starts. Upon further inspecting the bolt was stuck in the carrier. I took it to a smith and he tried to pull the bolt out, no go! Then tried to pull the retaining pin out,no go! I then called wilson combat, there rep told me to soak it in gun scrubber. So I did, a whole 10 oz. Can! Two hours later I was able to pull the retaining pin, only to oblong the loop virtually destroying it! Another hour or so I was able to pull the firing pin. A couple hours later the cam pin and bolt was out! By this time time I'm sure it would be smooth sailing. NOT! After it was completely disassembled it appeared to be lubed with RED LOCTITE! So I did some more soaking, scraping,drying,heating,scraping.......rinse and repeat! Needless to say I had quite a bit of time wrapped up in a new bcg! So once it was cleaned and LUBED, I started to assemble it that's when I noticed the retaining pin oblonged. It sticks out past the carrier rather than slightly recessed! Oh well Wtf I'll get a new pin. So I wrote a review on Wilson Combats site, all the reviews were 5 star by the way. The review was more or less what I wrote here minus the sarcastic remarks. Sent the review, guess what? Another no go! Not only did wilson combat not accept my review but that particular bcg is no longer on their Web site. No apologies sent, nothing from wilson combat at all! I figured a company like wilson combat would have awesome customer service. Damn it, wrong for the second time in my life. Thanks wilson combat!

vwfred69

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    noblesville
    It is bad business to reject bad reviews when reviews are what really sells a product. I emailed green mountain about a barrel on tues that is supposed to be coming out and they said it wasn't in production yet. Friday night it shows up with pictures on their site and has a review from August 31st.
    If I were you I would hound their customer service!

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I recently placed a order with wilson combat to complete a upper I've had tucked away for a while. I purchased a barrel,gasblock,gastube,flash hider and a semi auto bcg. Upon receiving my order I took out the bcg which was wrapped in bubble wrap. Well the bubble wrap was stuck to the bcg like it was melted. No biggie I expect to thoroughly clean any new part. But that's where the problem starts. Upon further inspecting the bolt was stuck in the carrier. I took it to a smith and he tried to pull the bolt out, no go! Then tried to pull the retaining pin out,no go! I then called wilson combat, there rep told me to soak it in gun scrubber. So I did, a whole 10 oz. Can! Two hours later I was able to pull the retaining pin, only to oblong the loop virtually destroying it! Another hour or so I was able to pull the firing pin. A couple hours later the cam pin and bolt was out! By this time time I'm sure it would be smooth sailing. NOT! After it was completely disassembled it appeared to be lubed with RED LOCTITE! So I did some more soaking, scraping,drying,heating,scraping.......rinse and repeat! Needless to say I had quite a bit of time wrapped up in a new bcg! So once it was cleaned and LUBED, I started to assemble it that's when I noticed the retaining pin oblonged. It sticks out past the carrier rather than slightly recessed! Oh well Wtf I'll get a new pin. So I wrote a review on Wilson Combats site, all the reviews were 5 star by the way. The review was more or less what I wrote here minus the sarcastic remarks. Sent the review, guess what? Another no go! Not only did wilson combat not accept my review but that particular bcg is no longer on their Web site. No apologies sent, nothing from wilson combat at all! I figured a company like wilson combat would have awesome customer service. Damn it, wrong for the second time in my life. Thanks wilson combat!

If you are member at one of the more popular boards I would suggest to post a review there and everywhere else that you can, I'm not surprised that they wouldn't allow you to post a bad review since its their own website as I assume that all they want visible is the positive reviews. I'm sorry about your troubles with WC just wake sure that you try to get the word out as much as you can since can happen to somebody else.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    First off, I wouldn't have spent that much time on a new part. I would have called them and sent it back. Its most likely from another vendor and many problems like yours they quit selling it. There's a lot of Fake Wilson parts showing up these days from our friends in China.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    You're going about things wrong. Here's what you should be doing when you receive something that is broken, defective, or not what you ordered:

1) Contact the seller to see if they'll make it right. If that doesn't work, proceed to #2
    2) Contact the seller and tell them what you expect them to do to make it right. If they refuse, proceed to #3
    3) Inform the seller that you're reporting them to the BBB and that you're filing a chargeback on your credit card. Then, do those two things.

I always communicate via email so that I can keep a record of the sellers communication. Take pictures and/or video of the broken, defective, or incorrect thing. I also always pay with credit card when I can so that I'm protected from this kind of stuff. This way, if you have to file a chargeback, you have all of your documentation ready, and it's a no brainer for your credit card company.

You received a BCG that doesn't work. They should be taking it back on their own. But if they don't, you need to force the issue so that you aren't out good money on a defective part.

devious169

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Earth and you?
    I sent Wc a email Monday, letting them know of my headache of a bcg. Needless to say here it is Tuesday and no email from Wc. I guess we live and learn! As far as the bbb suggestion, thanks. I'm sure a "reputable" company like wilson combat is listed as a bbb member. Im prepared for the long haul with em! Just ordered a noveske/ rca bcg I'd like to say I'll have better luck. Just hope the wilson combat barrel isn't crap!

Top Bottom