• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dkc485

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Greenwood
    I've had similar problems with .22 mag dynapoint through a revolver. Had a few failure to fires on the first pass through the cylinder. I just kept cycleing through until they fired. I have one more box to go through, once its finished I won't be buying them again

PappyD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Westfield
    I would be very curious to see what the actual velocity these rounds would register. It woiuld seem to be inconsistent. Interesting to say the least...

Like your tree rat sniper rifle!

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I had heard bad things about the dynapoints and have stayed away from them as much as I can. I agree the xpert stuff id pretty good. I"ve got 90% of one bulk pack left and use it for my single shot, and revolver. I use the federal for the 10/22. Good luck finding more Xpert. But I have seen they came out with a new line as well. Just can't remember what it was called. I'm sure its better than the dynapoints though.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Yesterday I rebuilt my bird feeder for like the 100th time. I showed the base of the tree to my dog Nikki, so she could watch it.

Sure 'nuff, right after dark last night, she barked and came and got me. I turned the spot light on and saw a couple glowing eyes.

I set the spot light down, grabbed my "Squirrel Sniper" off the dining room table, went prone, lit up the crosshairs (found a purpose for the lighted reticle, finally!) and put them right between the eyes.

The bullet entered the raccoon's head right where I aimed, about 1/2 inch up from the base of the muzzle. It exited at the brain stem.

Range was about 30 yards.

Post mortem, I had a hard time finding the entrance wound and would have had a tough time except that I knew where I hit. Took out at least one frontal lobe, and the exit wound felt like the bullet expanded just a little, certainly not as much as a standard hollowpoint.

From what I'm reading, the Aussies wanted a "bullet that penetrated a lot and expanded a little bit." If true, this bullet fills that role.

I can't complain on that terminal performance.

I just didn't like the thought that went through my head before I touched off: "Man I hope this fires hail Mary fulla grace" then the shot. I briefly considered tearing into the Blazer I picked up yesterday, but there was no time.

As long as these things fire, I guess I'll like 'em...

Josh <><

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Yesterday I rebuilt my bird feeder for like the 100th time. I showed the base of the tree to my dog Nikki, so she could watch it.

Sure 'nuff, right after dark last night, she barked and came and got me. I turned the spot light on and saw a couple glowing eyes.

I set the spot light down, grabbed my "Squirrel Sniper" off the dining room table, went prone, lit up the crosshairs (found a purpose for the lighted reticle, finally!) and put them right between the eyes.

The bullet entered the raccoon's head right where I aimed, about 1/2 inch up from the base of the muzzle. It exited at the brain stem.

Range was about 30 yards.

Post mortem, I had a hard time finding the entrance wound and would have had a tough time except that I knew where I hit. Took out at least one frontal lobe, and the exit wound felt like the bullet expanded just a little, certainly not as much as a standard hollowpoint.

From what I'm reading, the Aussies wanted a "bullet that penetrated a lot and expanded a little bit." If true, this bullet fills that role.

I can't complain on that terminal performance.

I just didn't like the thought that went through my head before I touched off: "Man I hope this fires hail Mary fulla grace" then the shot. I briefly considered tearing into the Blazer I picked up yesterday, but there was no time.

As long as these things fire, I guess I'll like 'em...

Josh <><

AngryFish

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    If you don't mind me asking, Where did you pick up your dynapoints? I used to use them in my suppressed guns all the time a few years ago. They functioned flawlessly and were usually cheaper than Aguila and Remmy subs. Had decent accuracy for plinking etc.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Hello,

They have a number of boxes at the local gunstore. I thought I got the last two, but last time I was there, they had more.

Where are you at? If you're close at all to Wabash, I'll show you where they're keeping 'em. They're going for $30/500 though.

Josh <><

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    Dick's normally has Dynapoints for $21 per 500.

I know that Dynapoints don't have the terminal effectiveness of the X-Perts, but they do run in my guns, unlike the X-perts. I've had problems with jamming with X-perts in my Ruger mark II/IIIs, my son's Ruger Mark III, and my 10/22. They don't even feed well in my Savage MKII BTV bolt action.

AngryFish

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Hello,

They have a number of boxes at the local gunstore. I thought I got the last two, but last time I was there, they had more.

Where are you at? If you're close at all to Wabash, I'll show you where they're keeping 'em. They're going for $30/500 though.

Josh <><

I live in Demotte. Last time I was at Dicks Sporting Goods in Merrillville they only had the Xperts not the dynapoints.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Dunno where Demotte is... and where's Merrillville? I might have to take a trip if they do indeed have the Xperts.

Thanks,

Josh <><

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Hello,

After writing Winchester and directing them to the report which I duplicated on another board, they replied that my email was being sent to their R&D department. This was Friday, July 3rd.

I got home today, and even being a holiday weekend, I had, in the mail, an ORM-D sticker, postage prepaid, and with an offer to have it picked up.

I am sending it all back to Winchester. Hopefully this will help their future runs.

I can tell right now that Winchester's service is top notch. I wouldn't have expected this quick of a response over a holiday.

Josh <><

Top Bottom