• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I've been once, and would love to go back, but it's in California, so I probably won't be there again.
    This is one of the strangest true stories that you'll ever hear about.
    Some incredibly interesting architecture, nonsensical additions, stairways to nowhere.

The house itself is something to behold, but the story behind it is fascinating.
    Someone else will have to provide a link.
    On my cell and it's difficult at best.

Anyone else here ever been to the Winchester mystery house?

Jim McKalip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Cumberland
    I lived in San Jose in the 1960s and was to the Winchester house several times with family and visiting relatives. The place was fascinating every time. The visit is very worthwhile if you are in the area.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'm not sure I'll end up back there but I wish I had known when I used to fly in and base out of San Jose for business travel. I could have taken an afternoon and checked it out.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I'm not sure I'll end up back there but I wish I had known when I used to fly in and base out of San Jose for business travel. I could have taken an afternoon and checked it out.
    If you plan a trip even close, do yourself a favor and go out of your way to see it.
    I can't remember for sure, but I think the tours are a couple of hours long

I do remember, right inside the front door stood a real, working Nickelodeon.
    It still took a nickel and played dozens of different songs.
    This was a machine that actually played the instruments.
    I would love to see the back of it open while running.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Hollywood made a horror/supernatural movie about the Winchester house a few years ago. I have never seen it, just not into that type of movies. I have been told it will scare the $h$t out of you?

jake blue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Lebanon
    Hollywood made a horror/supernatural movie about the Winchester house a few years ago. I have never seen it, just not into that type of movies. I have been told it will scare the $h$t out of you?
    I remember a movie loosely based on the Winchester house lore, I think it was called Rose Red. The house is hard to explore and document because it seems to reconfigure itself and also messes with your senses and perceptions. It's also rumored guests have sometimes vanished so it was too good not to make into a movie!

Percolater

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    We loved the Winchester House Ghost tour, great day/evening stop when we were RVing out west a few years ago. Looking back on our pics we captured a spirit of a little lady in a dress on the elevator. Everyone remembers the elevator being empty. B6D80D3A-DCC5-4C73-B116-C831154DC186.jpeg

Top Bottom