• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cagilber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    I had my windows tinted (on my new car) at the dealership last week (by the company that does the tinting for them). It looks pretty good, but there are a few "problem" areas that have me concerned.

Anyone that knows anything about tinting think this spot of bubbles will eventually work it's way out?

dsc00894k.jpg

cagilber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    FineLine Window Tinting ([ Fine Line Window Tinting :: Welcome ]) is the one that does tinting for the Bob Poynter dealership in Columbus.

It was done last Thursday and it still looks like that. There's a couple other spots where there are bubbles that seem abnormal, but maybe they aren't. I'll call my salesman tomorrow and let him know I'm coming in on Thursday when the tint guy is there.

Last edited:

cagilber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Overall I'm pretty happy w/ the car...just need to get these few spots worked out in the tint.
    dsc00886c.jpg

Last edited:

A_Brit_In_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Greenwood, Indiana
    That's a crappy tint job, not sure where you are located but Walter's body shop in Greenwood do an outstanding tint (317) 881 8819 ask for Duane Walters his wife does the tinting

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    Sometimes if you're lucky, you can take a pin, prick the tint to allow a small pinhole for the air/water-soap mixture to escape and press the tint back down smooth. I've used this trick on my own when I use to do tint, though since you had yours professionally done I'm guessing this may void their decision to make it right. I agree with the above suggestion, wait a week. It's been hot, but it's also been very humid which could also cause the delay in all the slight imperfections working their way out.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Poor tint job, and illegal, but I'm sure you know that. Small bubbles can be pricked with a needle and pushed out with a credit card. A lot of bubbles are almost impossible to get rid of. If you are going to get it retinted do it soon. Good luck..

cagilber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Talked to the dealership today...tint guy is in Vegas for the weekend. Sales manager said bring it back next week and they'll fix it.

Top Bottom