• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Do what I do every year. Add Sea Foam to the gas. (helps other things) Second by the end of march, fire up the snow blower and let it run until its dry to prevent old gas that will gum/varnish your jets.

My blower doesnt like gas thats older than 90 days for some reason. I bought gas in August for the mower and tried to use it in my blower in January. wouldnt start. Called for in home warranty and the guy checked it, drained the tank and bowl, put a splash of fresh gas in and it fired right up. He commented that there was something about these engines that just cant tolerate low grade gas that isnt fresh. I've bought fresh mid grade right before the first major snowfall and havent had a problem since.
    I may suffer from relative's ridicules due to high $$ fuel used for anything around here that is occasionally started (snowblower, pwr washer, and generator). Since I've started using TruFuel in them while also adhering to the drain the carb rule you mention , have yet to suffer from one of those engines that doesn't start right off when needed.

bb37

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    North of US40
    He commented that there was something about these engines that just cant tolerate low grade gas that isnt fresh.
    Have you tried using ethanol-free gasoline? I take care of a friend's 1929 Ford Model A that doesn't get driven very often. I've been buying ethanol-free gasoline for it from a CountryMark station.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Get a couple good winters in a row and when we really get normal winter, everyone falls apart
    I haven't fallen apart, but I did get lax on the care of the snow blower. Still has fuel from two years back I think. Bet it doesn't play ball tomorrow. Kids school already called off. Wife backed into garage. I have a new 4x4 and nothing pressing to do tomorrow in case I need to shuttle.

SwikLS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker
    on a side note, shouldn't this thread be called the Boogity Boogity Boogity Polar Vortex Apolcalyptic Winter Storm Blast of 2021?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Have you tried using ethanol-free gasoline? I take care of a friend's 1929 Ford Model A that doesn't get driven very often. I've been buying ethanol-free gasoline for it from a CountryMark station.
    Unfortunately down here in the big city, its not readily available. Nearest CM that sells that stuff is 30 minutes away. And its not hard to run it dry. I start it and walk away. Its not like its a car that somebody can jump in and drive off.

I do use it for my boat though. Replacing/rebuilding that thing would be expensive. Far more expensive than my blower.

SwikLS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker
    I just looked outside and it's snowing. Actually this is a lot like what we called a normal winter back in the day, of course I have seen a lot of winters. Jim.
    this is what winter was like before they started putting additives into jet fuel to give us mild winters in order to support the global warming narrative

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yes, I know it's snowing BUT, looking at the radar the really, really, really heavy stuff has missed Indianapolis so far but more is coming.
    We've gotten probably 6" since the second wave started. I cleared out a place for the dog to go around 4 p.m. when we only had about 4", and we've gotten another couple of inches since then. Blowing and drifting is an issue too.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    We've gotten probably 6" since the second wave started. I cleared out a place for the dog to go around 4 p.m. when we only had about 4", and we've gotten another couple of inches since then. Blowing and drifting is an issue too.
    Well I see nothing more coming after this wave passes, but I suppose more could develop.

Top Bottom