• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • randy68

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    SW Indiana
    First time I've been squirrel hunting since September. Got to the woods about 8:00 am and saw squirrels right away. Two grays were chasing each other and after a few minutes managed to get a shot at one of them. It dropped but the other one took off. At the same time I spotted three fox squirrels chasing each other so I picked up my gray and headed for them. I managed to shoot two of them before the third one took off. I still hunted down to the bottom of the hill and shot one more gray before heading out to the truck. This was one of my best hunts in in long time. Four squirrels with four shots from my Vortek tuned RWS 52 .177 with Crosman premiers 7.9 gr.

Slonsteady

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2016
    Plainfield
    Nice hunting. I gave it a freshman try Monday, but I went out to late and didn't see a thing. So far I have zero kills with my Crosman Break action .177. To early to say for the Ruger American rimfire. I still am working out the bugs with my scope. I am ready for some fried squirrel though.

randy68

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    SW Indiana
    I just picked up a Ruger American .22lr last Thursday. Waiting on my scope which should be in tomorrow.
    I've only been using airguns for squirrel hunting for about the last ten years or so. Before that I used a Ruger .22 MKI pistol. But I've shot them with just about every weapon type. Longbows, recurves, pistols, rifles, muzzleloader s, etc.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Last squirrel hunt, I was sitting on the ground near a den tree, had a plump grey come doen the trunk and stop and look right at me. I already had the Remington 552 on him, slowly squeezed the trigger, and...click...

I knew the .22 ammo was old, probably 25 years old. Winchester High Velocity ammo, but man, I never would have guessed any would be duds...I thought you could keep the stuff nearly forever. It`s been inside, warm, and dry.

randy68

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    SW Indiana
    I just shot some 30 plus year old .22's my uncle gave me and I noticed a difference in sound between some shots. Some definitely sounded weaker bug all of them went off. The RWS target ammo shot some mighty impressive groups at 50 yards out of my new Ruger.

Top Bottom