• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    You should have said " I no speaketh russianish" and kept shopping.

This made me laugh.

Publix does have a great bakery section. Good fish too, got the best salmon ever from a Publix. I had to conceal in FL though, so no idea if they are pro self-defense or not.
    Publix has the best deli of any grocery store I have ever visited. They carry Boars Head meat and cheese, and AFAIC it is the best available. Any and every time I have shopped the deli there, I had to wait in line for at least 15-30 minutes. They have one of those number puller things, it's usually so busy. I would take a Publix over any other grocery chain. And yes, FL is a concealed state only.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    ... I don't understand why businesses, especially ones that overprice to the extent that Wiseway does, continue to alienate and drive away customers. :dunno:

Why would you shop at a store that's over priced and drives away customers?

The prices were the same before they threw you out weren't they?

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    There are some things about the Wiseway in Valpo that are "were" appealing. They have an excellent floral section, and a really good deli. We are hosting a birthday party for my mother in law very soon, and my intention was to have Wiseway provide the food. We have changed the plan, and Town and Country will now get that business, almost $600.00 worth. I guess their prices are so high, they can afford to drive away orders like that. We will not set foot into a Wiseway store again, and I told them so in my em ail to thaem

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    At 10:33 PM last night I received an email from Wiseway's VP of HR/Community relations. In my email via their website, I indicated that I would like to hear their point of view on the situation that took place, and their views in the constitution, and the second amendment. I also indicated that I would reserve judgment until they responded if they chose to.

The email that I received asked me to be patient while an investigation was completed. The individual sending the email said that several other emails had been received relative to this matter. I will update this thread as I receive further communication.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :popcorn:
    Keep us posted on what occurs. I've never been to a wiseway (stick to Meijers & Strak & van Till) for 90% of my food purchases and based on this thread I'm putting Wiseway on the same list Pizza Hut is on. NO BIZ FROM ME!

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Demand that they cater the next OC or NFA Day, etc....

I don't expect that from stores. I don't even expect all of them to like OC, or carrying guns in general. People do have the right not to like guns, though I think those people are silly in the head.

What I do expect is for people behaving in a lawful, peaceful manner to be left alone to go about their business. This is the approach Starbucks has taken. Contrary to the impressions of many, Starbucks is NOT pro-gun. They have, however, chosen to recognize the rights of ALL their customers, and leave alone those who are acting in accordance with the law.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    I (along with what looks like several other people) just received a response to the customer contact form I submitted when this happened. The full text of it was:

Dear Customers,

We respect the laws of our State and the right for individuals to carry
    weapons. Unfortunately, due to the recent acts of violence and
    robberies, some of our customers and employees do not feel comfortable
    with the fact that someone came into our store with a weapon that was
    clearly visible. We recently were robbed in one of our stores and also
    had a very violent incident at the Valpo Store over 10 years ago which
    our customers have not forgotten. Your acquaintance was not kicked out
    of the store; he was merely asked to place the weapon in his car. I'm
    sure as a law abiding citizen, you can see that we were not unreasonable
    and we reacted respectfully in the manner in which we handled the
    situation. I'm sure if the gentleman had a license to carry the weapon,
    he had a license to carry it concealed which then would not have caused
    the problem.

Sincerely,

Sandy Horne

V.P. of H.R./Community Relations

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    What a wrapped up package of :bs: They really need to get their facts straight on the laws, and realize that a law abiding citizen would be more of a deterrent than a problem.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    So, Wiseway admits they regard all of us who carry weapons as criminals, and defend their anti-2A stance. Can't see why any gun owner would ever set foot in their stores again.

I (along with what looks like several other people) just received a response to the customer contact form I submitted when this happened. The full text of it was:

Dear Customers,

We respect the laws of our State and the right for individuals to carry
    weapons. Unfortunately, due to the recent acts of violence and
    robberies, some of our customers and employees do not feel comfortable
    with the fact that someone came into our store with a weapon that was
    clearly visible. We recently were robbed in one of our stores and also
    had a very violent incident at the Valpo Store over 10 years ago which
    our customers have not forgotten. Your acquaintance was not kicked out
    of the store; he was merely asked to place the weapon in his car. I'm
    sure as a law abiding citizen, you can see that we were not unreasonable
    and we reacted respectfully in the manner in which we handled the
    situation. I'm sure if the gentleman had a license to carry the weapon,
    he had a license to carry it concealed which then would not have caused
    the problem.

Sincerely,

Sandy Horne

V.P. of H.R./Community Relations

broabc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    I had a similar senario take place with me in a best buy in Greenwood, IN a few years back. My thought was "Would you rather have my firearm in my vehicle so that while I shop, someone can get ahold of it and rob you at gun point? Or would you rather have me in your store with it to protect you in the event of such a circumstance?" People don't seem to think much these days.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    What a crock of crap. At no time was I asked to put the firearm in my vehicle. I was told to leave immediately. End of story. I suppose I was a threatening sight standing there looking through the floral selection :rolleyes: I will never step foot in the store again.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    I sent her a return email asking for their policy on concealed firearms...just to see what the response is. I have not heard back yet. My goal is to paint her into a corner and see if I can get her to trip over her tongue. I think I am going to have some fun with this, if she keeps responding.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    This is a shame (the Wise Way reply). So what is our game plan now?
    Looks like some of you have already said boycot of the store. But BOYCOT alone is not enough. Since the store won't know. Might I suggest we write them more emails/letters informing them that we (perosnally) plan on boycotting them, telling all our fmaily and friends, and showing them what the law really says, giving them a link to GunFacts website so they can read it.

What are we looking for BTW from Wise Way? Does the OP want an appologie? Do we want WiseWay to make/change their policy on customer firearms? Do we want WiseWay to put signs saying armed customers welcomed? What is the goal?

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    My personal goal is to get them to commit to a specific policy, and document it. Their contention is that PatriotPride was asked to leave because he was OC. IMO, that is a crock, and according to our member their reply is a lie. I want to maintain an open dialogue. I am currently playing devils advocate in a firm but polite manner to see where it goes. I really enjoy doing things like this.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    This is a shame (the Wise Way reply). So what is our game plan now?
    Looks like some of you have already said boycot of the store. But BOYCOT alone is not enough. Since the store won't know. Might I suggest we write them more emails/letters informing them that we (perosnally) plan on boycotting them, telling all our fmaily and friends, and showing them what the law really says, giving them a link to GunFacts website so they can read it.

What are we looking for BTW from Wise Way? Does the OP want an appologie? Do we want WiseWay to make/change their policy on customer firearms? Do we want WiseWay to put signs saying armed customers welcomed? What is the goal?

I'm not looking for an apology. If anything, they need to pick a concrete policy and inform their customers of it. At no time have I ever seen a sign prohibiting "weapons", let alone firearms. If their policy is no weapons in the store, all I ask is that they inform their customers in a clear and concise manner, and train their employees not to behave like 5 year olds.I respect their right to have asinine and anti-Freedom policies, but I will take my business elsewhere. I think it would be a good idea if we inform them that we and our families and anyone else we speak with will be taking our business to their competitors.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I know I'm a bit late contacting them, but thought "what the hell".

To whom it may concern:

Last Saturday (I believe) a friend of mine was visiting your store in Valparaiso (Calument location), and had an unfortunate encounter with one of you associates. He was open carrying his hand gun while shopping for flowers. He was well within his rights as stated by the United States Constitution (read 2nd amendment), as well as by the laws of the state of Indiana. He was asked, rudely, to leave his cart where it was, and to leave the store. While I would LOVE to you know policy on weapons in the store, that is only a second thought to this email.

I would like to inform you that I will no longer be visiting your store. As you can see from my listed address I grew up less than a block away from your Hobart store. While I no longer live at this address my parents do, and my sister and her family only a few houses down. I would also like you to know that I have informed them of the situation and have requested that they no longer shop there. While it may not be a big deal to your corporation losing only a couple customers, I can guarantee that this story has spread around to several Indiana gun owners, and they, as well, will not be using your services anymore.

While I respect your right to run the company anyway you see fit, I would like to request that you clearly and directly state and post your policy on weapons in the store.

Thank you,

Aaron Clark

Top Bottom