with bullet shortages where are you ordering from?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 0371richwiner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2010
    anderson IN
    well guys i just got into reloading and am trying to track down some bullets. Ive gone through the normal places and most everywhere is sold out. Im looking to get 1k to start. only place i see that has any in stock for a decent amount for 115gr RN (plated) is berrys $90. Is there any place out there that anyone knows of that may have some in stock or any around central indiana? i leave on friday for norway for two months and would love to get at least 1k knocked out before that.

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    Profire had some berry's in on friday. I imagine they have some still. They also carry Indiana bullet company cast bullets at 18birnell which is a hard bullet. Don't remember prices exact but around 35 or so for 500.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I've experimented with a few types of bullets, and when it comes to plinking around, Berry's is my go to bullet. After the last shortage fiasco we had, I'm trying to order a little smarter too. If I need 1000, I'll force myself to order an extra 500 and squirrel those away. I'm not going to get caught with my pants down like last time.

alphabrace

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Get the Barry's. I am afraid that the 90/K may be the new norm. Barry's makes a good bullet. I have also used lead bullets from SNS casting. A little cheaper than the Barry's. I like the plated better myself. Welcome to reloading. I use a Lee 4 hole turret press myself.

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    O yea another one is xtremebullets. Can generally get 10% off coupon code for them. I know a few people who like them as much as berry's.

chemteach

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Plymouth
    I buy xtreme copper plated for indoor shooting ranges and I cast lead for my own outdoor range and hunting. For SD rounds I buy Hornady XTP. I keep the SD rounds for about a year, shoot them up, and then replace them with fresh.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    O yea another one is xtremebullets. Can generally get 10% off coupon code for them. I know a few people who like them as much as berry's.

I've been using Berry's for years now but have recently started to use XTremeBullets. The quality is as good, if not better than Berrys and the prices are good too. Not only that, but they generally have what I need in stock. Berry's is still a great bullet but it's nice to have an alternative for times when supplies are scarce.

Dolton916

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    Porter County
    I just got 1000 9MM plated RN from Rocky Mountain Reloader's, there's a thread in here. Claim they're seconds but I cant find a flaw other than a few dings from shipping. $77 delivered.

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    well guys i just got into reloading and am trying to track down some bullets. Ive gone through the normal places and most everywhere is sold out. Im looking to get 1k to start. only place i see that has any in stock for a decent amount for 115gr RN (plated) is berrys $90. Is there any place out there that anyone knows of that may have some in stock or any around central indiana? i leave on friday for norway for two months and would love to get at least 1k knocked out before that.

If you look long enough, it should be fairly easy to find bullets and primers. Powders, on the other hand, especially those for rounds like 9mm are what seems to be impossible to find right now. If you are looking online, here is a website you might want to bookmark for when components are hard to find: GunBot 17hmr rimfire ammo

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    What bullet shortage? Plated bullets are everywhere and I am having no trouble finding powder or primers either in WalMart or online.

Some powder is around but the popular stuff W-231 or HS-6, for example, is still hard to find from what my friends and I have seen.

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    Majority of the powders that are hard to find are most people's "pet" powders. And a lot of people will only buy the only popular powder they used instead of trying a new setup. Personally i'm just using autocomp right now in .380/9/.40.. It was the first powder i found in a while so i bought it.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Some powder is around but the popular stuff W-231 or HS-6, for example, is still hard to find from what my friends and I have seen.
    Yeah, I get you but that isn't a bullet thing. I do have trouble finding my favorites but when I find them I buy all they have if they'll let me. So far at least, I am OK on most of my favorites with one exception and that is Titegroup. I could use a few kegs of that stuff for sure.

Top Bottom