• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DocEd

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Evansville
    I just got home from watching the new red dawn. I am grossly under prepared. But IMO It was pretty BA movie. Hard to compare it to the original but I think it was just as good.

:ar15::patriot::rockwoot:

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    I just got home from watching the new red dawn. I am grossly under prepared. But IMO It was pretty BA movie. Hard to compare it to the original but I think it was just as good.

:ar15::patriot::rockwoot:

And I think you have clearly never seen the original........

The second one was no where NEAR the original. Good fighting scenes. not much else

DocEd

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Evansville
    i have seen the original, multiple times. how do you compare movies made so far apart? and two movies that had storylines no where close to one another? lets try this again though. i thought that the new one was a good movie. now does anyone have anything productive to say?

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    It was good but the kid playing Matty was annoying. He shoulda died. Didn't like how they just showed up in town on top of buildings.

ParaManAR15

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    It was pretty good for all the shooting and blowing stuff up but the way the story line was laid out annoyed me a bit. I think it could of been done better.

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    i have seen the original, multiple times. how do you compare movies made so far apart? and two movies that had storylines no where close to one another? lets try this again though. i thought that the new one was a good movie. now does anyone have anything productive to say?
    Ugh! I should apologize! I was taking a break from finals study guides when i posted that. Wasn't really thinking too hard... Now, i can actually compare in a civilized manner.

1. This issue was the biggest one for me. The transition of no fighting/Military experience to the main character being in the military. Teens fighting back with no military knowledge, just using self discovered gorilla tactics looks better in a movie to me.

2. The lives they live in the movie! I hates how in the new one, it almost looks like the teens have it GOOD! Plenty of food, a nice shelter to hide from the cold! I didn't like that.. I liked how in the original, the teens had crappy shelter, little to no food, and has to resort to desperate measures to find it. Which, ultimately, got some of them killed.

3. Acting!!!! Sure, the original had some cheesy acting, but that's because it's an 80's flick. The acting in this one was just horrid! Josh Peck!?!?!?! Are you kidding me! His acting does not fit the role he would later take in the movie after "it" happened. (No spoilers, if you have seen it, you'll know what i mean)

GMtoblat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Crane

I havent seen it yet, but you mean to tell me it's not the same storyline? da fuq well thats disheartening:dunno:

tyrajam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Fishers
    I was very disappointed. Seemed like a 14 year old's daydream. Of course the original wasn't exactly overly realistic, but this new one was so hokey it was ridiculous. I was rooting for Josh Peck (had to google that name) to die. The best part is that I didn't drag my wife to see this movie full of explosions and guerrilla war, she drug me because she wanted to see Chris Hemsworth!

DocEd

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Evansville
    I havent seen it yet, but you mean to tell me it's not the same storyline? da fuq well thats disheartening:dunno:

I guess it does to point, As far as the us being invaded goes. I didn't think that what happened after was very close to the original. I'll agree the acting was cheesy. But I can overlook that seeing how not many movies don't have cheesy acting. But I go to movies to be entertained and this one entertained me.

DocEd

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Evansville
    It was pretty good for all the shooting and blowing stuff up but the way the story line was laid out annoyed me a bit. I think it could of been done better.

It was pretty mishandled in the production department. Originally it was the Chinese invading us and this was due to be released two years ago. Then the Chinese threw a fit, and the producers bowed to them. Some of the changes made were done digitally and some caused parts of the first edit to be deleted due to the inability to get actors and sets lined out etc. I originally was going to wait for this to come out on redbox, but I just couldn't resist.

DocEd

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Evansville
    Ugh! I should apologize! I was taking a break from finals study guides when i posted that. Wasn't really thinking too hard... Now, i can actually compare in a civilized manner.

1. This issue was the biggest one for me. The transition of no fighting/Military experience to the main character being in the military. Teens fighting back with no military knowledge, just using self discovered gorilla tactics looks better in a movie to me.

2. The lives they live in the movie! I hates how in the new one, it almost looks like the teens have it GOOD! Plenty of food, a nice shelter to hide from the cold! I didn't like that.. I liked how in the original, the teens had crappy shelter, little to no food, and has to resort to desperate measures to find it. Which, ultimately, got some of them killed.

3. Acting!!!! Sure, the original had some cheesy acting, but that's because it's an 80's flick. The acting in this one was just horrid! Josh Peck!?!?!?! Are you kidding me! His acting does not fit the role he would later take in the movie after "it" happened. (No spoilers, if you have seen it, you'll know what i mean)

No need to apologize, I responded before I had my coffee this morning. But you do bring some valid objections to the table. I don't necessarily agree but can see how you would have an issue with the new movie.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    It was a good movie, I liked the original 100% better though. Didn't even have to think about it.....people tell me its great, I ask did you see the original? "No.".....I say, go find an watch it. However my oldest son who has watched the first one at least 20 times said he liked the new one better.....where did I go wrong.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That... was painful! I hated it! The new Red Dawn was a cinematic atrocity on a plate. Most scenes had no meaningful connection to the previous scenes. It was like plot hole jump cut after plot hole jump cut. The whys and wherefores for almost every action were completely spackled over, and Hemsworth and Morgan were not the acting powerhouses they needed to be to make those plot holes go away.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That... was painful! I hated it! The new Red Dawn was a cinematic atrocity on a plate. Most scenes had no meaningful connection to the previous scenes. It was like plot hole jump cut after plot hole jump cut. The whys and wherefores for almost every action were completely spackled over, and Hemsworth and Morgan were not the acting powerhouses they needed to be to make those plot holes go away.

Thanks...We will wait on the DVD or a good burned version.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In a fight with a Spetznaz, the mayor's pampered son was stabbed and then let go and he never stopped to question his "good" fortune. Later, they show the stab wound and one of them mentions that that's how they tagged animals, meaning doggy Lo-Jack.

1) One does not merely kick a Spetznaz's ass after getting stabbed by him. He lets you go, he let you go for a reason. Stopping to wonder what that reason is might be in order.

2) Doggy Lo-Jacks do not leave gaping puncture wounds like that shown.

3) The animal tags are RFID. Okay for tracking in an urban terrain with readers everywhere. Not so hot for tracking over hill and dale in the middle of the wilderness.

There are enough plot holes, you'd think they used the script for target practice.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    So it's the russians and koreans instead of ruskies and cubanos? It looks weak and I'll wait until it streams. If it doesn't stream, I'll wait until I forget about it.

Spanky46151

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Martinsville
    I've not seen the movie yet. Did you know tha movie has been in a can for a couple of years? And, in the original version we were invaded by the Chinese, but they figured it may offend our largest creditor so they digitally changed everything to North Korea.

Top Bottom