Wolves in Indiana, Marion county Indianapolis?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whackmaster66

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Brownsburg
    If its just one Coyote then I wouldN't worry about it to much.. Around Brownsburg I've seen them in the 20 to 30lb range.. Now in Perry County where I hunt. Is right along the Ohio river. They get in the upper 50's.. Just don't leave your small dogs out for long period of time.. If you got a bow you can shoot them quietly if you live in a neighborhood..

FERLACH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Plainfield
    Coyotes live all over Indiana. I live in Plainfield and a pair of them live in the field and woods behind my house. I have seen them many times when walking our dog. They wont hurt you, they just run away.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Rest assured there is no 'coy-dog' Id love anyone to show me one,Id say that'll never happen. A wolf near Richmond? they can, as with other things like black bear,cougars always in search of new ground.

There are such things as coy-dogs, but they are not as common as people seem to think (based on this thread). Coyotes are mono-estrus and only go into heat once a year, and they have successfully cross-bred with dogs in the past. Not to mention that coyotes and domestic/feral dogs typically don't like to be around each other. NOT common, but possible.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Brandonki
    Top Bottom