Woman caught on tape stealing an 8-year olds' Christmas present!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Greatestsin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Morgan Township, NWI
    And as was stated in comments somewhere, wars have been started over stuff like this.

If the Husband does ANYTHING stupid, it's no one's fault but his own. Who would you blame? The OP? Society? 4chan? Some random person who prank called them? That's like blaming the gun when the BG pulls the trigger.

Agreement is found here. Reps if I could but apparently I've given out too much in the last 24 hours.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    random thought

Agreement is found here. Reps if I could but apparently I've given out too much in the last 24 hours.

. o O (Is the rep whore the one who'll do anything for rep, or the one who gives it away willy-nilly? I must meditate on this...)

;):)::D

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I wouldn't worry about the husband of shamu. These types always lack ambition on all levels.
    It's true that she achieved her ability to become a nurse, big deal.

The most sensible thing would be for them to make a sincere apology, on video, posted as a response to the original. It's not what the OP requested, but it's the dregs' only hope.

Otherwise they would try to weather their shamelessness. Or move far far away.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    Wow this is like a train wreck. I don't want to look but I keep checking the thread. WOW 10,656 views on youtube so far. And all the things these people are saying. I am just floored how this has taken off and gotten to were it is. Who would have thunk!

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Wow this is like a train wreck. I don't want to look but I keep checking the thread. WOW 10,656 views on youtube so far. And all the things these people are saying. I am just floored how this has taken off and gotten to were it is. Who would have thunk!

Did you take a look at the stats for the video? As of right now, total views is over 12,000. This caught my eye, too:
    Honors for this video (9)
    #51 - Most Discussed (Today)
    #17 - Most Discussed (Today) - Entertainment
    #53 - Most Viewed (Today) - Entertainment - Canada
    #33 - Most Viewed (Today) - Entertainment - United Kingdom
    #30 - Most Viewed (Today) - Entertainment
    #94 - Most Viewed (Today) - Entertainment - Netherlands
    #39 - Most Viewed (Today) - Entertainment - Sweden
    #85 - Top Favorited (Today) - Entertainment
    #80 - Top Rated (Today) - Entertainment

Just click where it says "Statistics & Data" below the video itself. It has graphs and charts and stuff.
    Reposting the video link for convenience: YouTube - Woman steals kids' Christmas present.

*shakes head*
    Unbelievable...

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Did you take a look at the stats for the video? As of right now, total views is over 12,000. This caught my eye, too:

Just click where it says "Statistics & Data" below the video itself. It has graphs and charts and stuff.
    Reposting the video link for convenience: YouTube - Woman steals kids' Christmas present.

*shakes head*
    Unbelievable...
    I'm waiting on a book deal. Surely there is some money to be made with this? :rolleyes:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    How can you say you'll only "forgive whenever amends are made" and agree that "forgiveness should come without an apology" in the same breath? Aren't they opposing views?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    How can you say you'll only "forgive whenever amends are made" and agree that "forgiveness should come without an apology" in the same breath? Aren't they opposing views?

Only when they stand across from each other. :D

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma

I think I would try to forgive as soon as I was emotionally able, for the sole purpose of not holding the bitterness in my own heart. I'd probably let the video stand, however. Goes back to my stance against whitewashing history.

Dtruck260

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Roanoke, Indiana
    Kudos to you for putting the video up, +1 again for keeping it there in light of the threats that were made.

I think that this is truly an issue in the current world of affairs that people think they will not be held accountable. The video forces us and them to take a hard look at what we accept (again kudos for not accepting it) and what we have become.

At least it is nice to see that people agree on this forum that a wrong was committed

I also find it disheartening that someone who should be a health care professional would do something like this and so blatantly

And all in all, you are teaching your kids that there are reactions to every action taken, either good or bad, its most important in my mind that they take something good away from this

Last edited:

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    dustjunky... I think what this woman did is ludicrous. Whether your son was hitting anyone or not (I'm leaning towards the "not" side of the fence on that one) her actions were unjustified. If this happened to one of my daughters I would have brought out the claws too. :boxing: Good for you for standing up for your son.

With that said, I somehow managed to scan through the entire 32 pages of this thread (apparently it's a slow day at work). I know you're wanting Aunt Shelley to learn a lesson from this, but one question continued to haunt my thoughts as I read page after page... what about your son?

Have you sat down with your son and made sure HE has learned from this? Specifically about the consequences of stealing, lying, being sneaky, and being accountable? I'm afraid that from what I've read so far, all he might learn from this is how to exact revenge.

:twocents:
    Jenny

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    GREAT POINT. I hadn't thought of that. I have an 8 and 11 y/o both with a lying problem. Maybe I should make a point of showing them this thread and what happens when you wrong someone. I know the 11y/o will get it, but it may take a little more explanation for the 8y/o

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom