Woman who called IMPD on husband wants answers in his fatal shooting.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm no psychologist/psychiatrist, but I think people stuck in these abusive relationship cycles aren't much different than an addict. They know it's wrong, not healthy, dangerous, etc., but in their minds, they somehow justify it as normal. I think we've all known someone kind of like this, maybe even a family member (or two), who cannot seem to make a right turn to literally save their lives... they're somehow compelled to drill holes in the bottom of their own boat, don't want to drown, but don't want to be rescued either. :dunno:

Knew a lady that cycled through abusers.
    After a while we stopped reacting to her "Needs" and she sought out other places to be the center of her self generated pity posse life style.

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    If someone was beating me and they ended up dead after an altercation with police, I'd be thrilled they were dead. She needs to bake some cookies for that officer that saved her from that night and from future beatings.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    If someone was beating me and they ended up dead after an altercation with police, I'd be thrilled they were dead. She needs to bake some cookies for that officer that saved her from that night and from future beatings.

Yes, but you are reasonable enough that you wouldn't keep going back to an abuser again, and again, and again. You just can't expect rational behavior from irrational people.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    The officer involved is a good officer and an all around funny guy. I would never expect a fellow citizen to take this kind of beating. I hope the City fights this one tooth and nail. Not a single penny is deserved.

dshaf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Ya but she wouldnt look good sueing the city then!

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Knock [any lawfully armed person] to the ground during a fight, don't be surprised if you end up with extra holes.

As long as the statement, as modified, remains true, I'm 100% okay with it.

(And based on the details of this specific story, it wasn't merely a matter of being "knocked to the ground during a fight". The officer was 100% in the right in using deadly force in self-defense.)

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    The officer involved is a good officer and an all around funny guy. I would never expect a fellow citizen to take this kind of beating. I hope the City fights this one tooth and nail. Not a single penny is deserved.

But, how could that be? The "unarmed black man" (score two points on the SJW scale) was "trying to turn his life around" (score one more point):

Those who knew Hicks described him as a troubled person who was trying to better himself.

Kevin was a good person, but he had some issues like we all do,” said Farah Davidson, who grew up with Hicks in the Clearstream Gardens and Rowney Terrace housing projects on the southeast side.

(USA Today, clearly hitting all the Narrative points: Unarmed Indianapolis man shot during violent tussle with cop)

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    How can anyone in their right mind think that attacking a cop will ever come out as a win for them? Their's nothing to be gained. Bad decisions bring bad results. Maybe we need to figure out why our society is so amped up on emotion now days. Too many Americans are addicted to drama and are more emotionally invested in idiotic things than are invested in bettering themselves.

Absolutely. I have no idea how we got here, but in today's American society, far too many of our young people (who become older people such as this couple) are invested way too highly in their EMOTIONS in everyday life. We have teen girls committing suicide, because their BFF had sex with the boy friend. And as for our young men, far, far too many of them can't even seperate what they see on violent video games, from reality.... and they 'behave' accordingly.

This officer, whom like others have said here, will have to live the rest of his life for the unfortunate situation he placed in, by two idiots. I'll pray for the man.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Absolutely. I have no idea how we got here, but in today's American society, far too many of our young people (who become older people such as this couple) are invested way too highly in their EMOTIONS in everyday life. We have teen girls committing suicide, because their BFF had sex with the boy friend. And as for our young men, far, far too many of them can't even seperate what they see on violent video games, from reality.... and they 'behave' accordingly.

This officer, whom like others have said here, will have to live the rest of his life for the unfortunate situation he placed in, by two idiots. I'll pray for the man.

I generally fault the dearth of proper, positive, male role models in the form of fathers married to the mothers of these young men. (And lest anyone try to make that a racial issue: that's a problem regardless of the skin color of the young men or their fathers.)

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    I generally fault the dearth of proper, positive, male role models in the form of fathers married to the mothers of these young men. (And lest anyone try to make that a racial issue: that's a problem regardless of the skin color of the young men or their fathers.)

What? We agree on something? Cool!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    But, how could that be? The "unarmed black man" (score two points on the SJW scale) was "trying to turn his life around" (score one more point):

(USA Today, clearly hitting all the Narrative points: Unarmed Indianapolis man shot during violent tussle with cop)

Kevin was a good person, but he had some issues like we all do,”

Uh, no, we don't all have "issues" that make us woman-beating psychopaths. It's the mindset that this is "normal" and acceptable that is part of the problem.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

I remember reading about that a while back. I think there was a thread on it here too. The guy took the class and came out with a very different point of view and understanding.

Too bad so many people have no idea.
    They never have to make a split second life changing decision.
    Therefore they think it's easy. Because they saw it on TV.
    You know, the people that think you can shoot a gun out of a hand, or slow down time for others while speeding yourself up, etc.
    Or anti-gunners that can't imagine needing a gun, till they do.

Top Bottom