• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    So my work has this driver challenge for our OTR drivers, Branch drivers and oil drivers where they compete on a course with cones and such....this year they added warehouse forklife drivers (me).

We had the competition at the Joliet track right before the Gieco 400.

Anyway, me and one other guy scored exactly the same on 3 different phases of the warehouse comp.

So time was the deciding factor, he was 10 seconds better then me....but 1st and 2nd place gets to go to Richard Petty track at Disney, we will have the track all to our company that day and get to do the R.P. exp.

Who ever wins that one get to be pampered by our Corp. at the presidents council for a week in Arizona.

Wish me luck!!!

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    Well.......back from Florida, the competition was fun, my company paid for us all to do the Richard Petty exp.....165 MPH...was awesome!!
    The wife LOVED it!!!

However, i did not win...i came in 2nd place.

We had to move an egg across the ground with the forks of the forklift, i got a VERY stubborn egg....that kept rolling back the wrong way....so i tied the guy in first place as far as points go, so it came down to time....so because of the egg i was 22 seconds behind.

Try again next year i suppose.

The regionals will be in Kansas city, and if i make it through that, the finals are in Vegas!!

All in all it was a great trip though!

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Well.......back from Florida, the competition was fun, my company paid for us all to do the Richard Petty exp.....165 MPH...was awesome!!
    The wife LOVED it!!!

However, i did not win...i came in 2nd place.

We had to move an egg across the ground with the forks of the forklift, i got a VERY stubborn egg....that kept rolling back the wrong way....so i tied the guy in first place as far as points go, so it came down to time....so because of the egg i was 22 seconds behind.

Try again next year i suppose.

The regionals will be in Kansas city, and if i make it through that, the finals are in Vegas!!

All in all it was a great trip though!

Just be glad it wasn't the Dale Earnhardt experience. I heard that one isn't quite as much fun as the Petty one.

Caldad

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    I did the Richard Petty Experience when it was up in Chicago. Florida sounds like a lot more fun! Like kjf40 (above), I came in a very close 2nd to a co-worker... hopefully this time (on your trip) an INGOer will take 1st. Good luck. Have a great trip!

Top Bottom