Wonder if GB will try to ban knives too? ;-)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sempreobie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Boone County
    For F&%k sake, when will these people learn that disarming people who are willing to "turn them in" are the least likely of those who will be involved in a crime! Common sense people! Think of ways to stop the criminal instead of coming up with ideas that will prevent law abiding citizens from protecting their families and possessions.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Wait!

Based on UK standards, I am the most cowardly coward in the history of the world!!

tenor.gif

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    What do you say we get, like, six dudes together and conquer our former colonizers?

Good lord. There are people still alive in that country who helped beat the Nazis.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Does the new generation of British man have to get some old guy to cut his meat up for him at the restaurant? He certainly wouldn't want to have to handle something as dangerous as a knife.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Scotland Yard ran out of detectives to investigate London murders, gang crimes | Daily Mail Online
    [h=1]Scotland Yard admits it has run out of detectives to investigate murders and gang crimes in the capital[/h]
    • Scotland Yard admitted yesterday it had run out of detectives to investigate
    • It came as six teenagers were knifed in just 90 minutes in the capital
    • The force was forced to call in neighbouring City of London Police to help

Read more: Scotland Yard ran out of detectives to investigate London murders, gang crimes | Daily Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    God made man, Sam Colt made them all equal. A country that does not restrict lawful carry of a gun, has a more pleasant society.

Humans tend to practice what their trade to get better at it, so the old phrase "Jack of all trades and master of none" is common. Criminals are the same, they also practice criminal behavior and try to improve their skills. If a person chooses to be in a career of being a violent criminal, they will practice forms of violence. They will try to learn all about different weapons, and how to use them effectively, to attack the average citizen. They will work out on a regular basis, likely practice fighting skills etc. I have heard prison being referred to as "Gladiator School", where the criminals teach each other the skills they have so when their sentence is up, they are even more dangerous to the honest citizen.

That is the beauty of the gun, a 300 lb guy can practice martial arts his whole life, but when he attacks grandma who only had to use a bit of situational awareness and a handgun he ends up dead right there. The gun benefits the weak more than anyone, because they stand the worst chance to live through a violent attack. Places that have citizens who are armed tend to make the criminals think twice about committing violent crime, they want your things, but not bad enough to take a bullet in the head.

Along comes a country who believes guns are a problem, and they disarm the citizens via laws, also known as words written on paper that only honest people follow. That is why they have the problem. Knives are silent, fairly untraceable, and anyone could make a makeshift one out of about anything. The violent criminals do not fear another person with a knife or club, they are arrogant and figure they can best you. They also are quite angry that you would dare challenge them, that alone is disrespectful to a criminal.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zY2558He3c

Moral of the story, "An Armed Society is a Polite Society" has been proven again. I recall a while back the last words spoken by a violent criminal after he was shot by his victim was "I didn't think you could own guns here"

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Scotland Yard ran out of detectives to investigate London murders, gang crimes | Daily Mail Online
    Scotland Yard admits it has run out of detectives to investigate murders and gang crimes in the capital

• Scotland Yard admitted yesterday it had run out of detectives to investigate
    • It came as six teenagers were knifed in just 90 minutes in the capital
    • The force was forced to call in neighbouring City of London Police to help

Read more: Scotland Yard ran out of detectives to investigate London murders, gang crimes | Daily Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Well, at least they've got their priorities straight.....

hate.jpg

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Yeah, choosing to have your feelings hurt is way worse than murdering someone. Unless you murder them with gun, because that makes them more deader and probably was a hate crime too.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Does the new generation of British man have to get some old guy to cut his meat up for him at the restaurant? He certainly wouldn't want to have to handle something as dangerous as a knife.

Just because they have those silly campaigns doesn't mean folks are not carrying knives anymore.

Those signs say "you will go to jail if you carry a knife" but plenty of models are legal to carry (I think non-locking and blade under 3 inches).

And all the other models are still legal to own.

Some US states or cities have similar or even worst knife laws.

And frankly plenty of people carry them without worrying if they are legal or not.
    I know I don't bother to measure my knives when I go to the UK.
    What's next? Lenght limit on forks? :rolleyes:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Just because they have those silly campaigns doesn't mean folks are not carrying knives anymore.

Those signs say "you will go to jail if you carry a knife" but plenty of models are legal to carry (I think non-locking and blade under 3 inches).

And all the other models are still legal to own.

Some US states or cities have similar or even worst knife laws.

And frankly plenty of people carry them without worrying if they are legal or not.
    I know I don't bother to measure my knives when I go to the UK.
    What's next? Lenght limit on forks? :rolleyes:

Well...

XM9Z2IT.jpg

Top Bottom