• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mac45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2008
    I would strongly suggest you let her shoot as many different guns as possible, then let her decide what works for her.
    You mentioned she has some wrist issues. You may want to think about a heavier gun. My wife has some wrist problems as well, but can shoot her GP100 all day long. On the other hand, she refuses to ever shoot my M&P .40 again because of the snappier recoil. Not a hard and fast rule, but something you may want to think about.

Also, +1 to Cornered Cat. Excellent web site.

Billcurtis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Pike County
    I would take her shooting for sure before buying her a gun. Also if she is comfortable with the idea of carring a pistol, after shooting one, let her pick her own out, My wife is 69 years old and cannot operate the slide on any of my autoloaders. She is deadly with a revolver, and can shoot very well with one of those. When we were young the wife and I shot a .22 pistol a lot, she has not used one in years. This last year she got her carry permit, or license to carry a hand gun. I took her to a friendly Gun Shop I know and the lady working there showed her a Ruger LCR with a Laiser grip on it, it was love at first sight. Now my shooting buddy The Retired Army guy is on tap to teach her to use it.
    Bill...

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Get what ever trade they'll make!......Just no Hi-Points, she did give birth to you after all!.......Will you be able to visit her after the trade?

Top Bottom