• Myrradah

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 87.5%
    14   2   0
    Jul 11, 2023
    Lafayette
    Hey all,

Im working on getting into reloads. Im about ready to take that plunge. Before I do, i need to get a workbench to use.

I have a nice one I use to work on my guns but looking to get some input from you all on what may work for an apartment and still be mobile. I have my house in NM still and may go back or if the contract renews here in indiana I may buy some land etc so it needs to be something I can move around.

I mainly shoot 4 types of ammo.
    9mm
    6.5 CM
    308 / 7.62 x 51 M118
    and mainly for home defense 357 magnum in my henry Lever.

I would be using a single stage loader and smaller volumes.

Any input on what may be mobile yet sturdy enough to do this type of work and provide enough shelving / storage?

Thanks for the input ahead of time all!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I use one like this when I would sometimes want to reload out on my deck.

1697666950906.png

I mounted my single (and multi) stage reloaders on 2x6's and then clamped them to the top of the stand with large C-clamps. I doubled up the 2x6's to make them more rigid.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I use one like this when I would sometimes want to reload out on my deck.

View attachment 306326

I mounted my single (and multi) stage reloaders on 2x6's and then clamped them to the top of the stand with large C-clamps. I doubled up the 2x6's to make them more rigid.
    I have one of those for the same reason, it is surprisingly sturdy and mobile.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Black & Decker Workmate... If they still make them, or you can find one.
    They fold up, but are real sturdy. You can make a base with whatever tool mounted, then just clamp it down.
    That way you can swap tools to the table.
    Got my router on mine now, but can also fit my miter saw, belt sander...

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I'm a bolt the table to the wall and floor loader myself. I would like to see some 308 size cases sized and loaded with a small table like Lee makes or a grinder table that one can move around.
    I would just think that would be difficult to keep steady while sizing and loading without flipping it over.
    I cant imagine loading with a table on wheels.
    :dunno:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I've been using one of these for years.
    +1, I was going to suggest the same thing

Reasonably priced, weighs a hair over 100 lbs empty so you can move it easily, fits in small spaces well and I like wood. Had one of these for a while until I built in a custom bench - now it serves as a work station to maintain my bicycles

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I'm a bolt the table to the wall and floor loader myself. I would like to see some 308 size cases sized and loaded with a small table like Lee makes or a grinder table that one can move around.
    I would just think that would be difficult to keep steady while sizing and loading without flipping it over.
    I cant imagine loading with a table on wheels.
    :dunno:
    I used an old waist level 4 leg table. Cut it in half and screwed to studs using 2x4s. One half supports my press and the other is a general gun cleaning surface.

McCoolsCreek7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2023
    Ghent
    Hey all,

Im working on getting into reloads. Im about ready to take that plunge. Before I do, i need to get a workbench to use.

I have a nice one I use to work on my guns but looking to get some input from you all on what may work for an apartment and still be mobile. I have my house in NM still and may go back or if the contract renews here in indiana I may buy some land etc so it needs to be something I can move around.

I mainly shoot 4 types of ammo.
    9mm
    6.5 CM
    308 / 7.62 x 51 M118
    and mainly for home defense 357 magnum in my henry Lever.

I would be using a single stage loader and smaller volumes.

Any input on what may be mobile yet sturdy enough to do this type of work and provide enough shelving / storage?

Thanks for the input ahead of time all!
    I would buy a toolbox on wheels and add a wooden top. That would give you plenty of storage.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I used an old waist level 4 leg table. Cut it in half and screwed to studs using 2x4s. One half supports my press and the other is a general gun cleaning surface.
    My main loading bench is a old steel shipping table. I have four Dillons mounted to it, its bolted to the wall and concrete floor, It doesn't move.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Don't know if Midway still makes them.
    View attachment 306980
    View attachment 306985

There's another long time member that posted his "living room" reloading setup a while back. He is a long range competitoin shooter.

Made me feel pretty good at my pieced together hillbilly setup, that has never progressed a lot beyond the temporary stage.

Super solid, bolted to the wall and floor is nice, but not ultimately required. As long as one can compensate for some movement or shakes and rattles, knowing where it matters and doesn't is the important thing.

:twocents:

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I use the 8' version of this as my reloading/gunsmiffing bench but they have 6,4, and 3' versions as well. The 8' is heavy enough that I didn't need to bolt it down.

Top Bottom