• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    He hurryied over and said, "Not trying to be and a** but we need to get that back on the shelf. Whoever is going to buy it deserves a new gun, not one thats being played with. So, lets get it back on the shelf for someone that is actually going to buy it."

I stood there for a second and told the kid thanks and to put it back on the shelf. I was leaving. Turned to the owner and said, "I was going to buy it but not now."

I wont mention the store but its in Fort Wayne and rhymes with Banger Supply.
    You were treated nicer than you deserved.

Silverslider

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2013
    my local gun shop is struggling right now. its not that he doesn't have inventory but after the big rush to buy, he struggled with getting inventory (ARs). now that he can get more in there is no one to buy as everyone is now well stocked. all we can do is continue to support our locals even if we have to pay a little more. if we do not there will be no one to help on transfers or we will have to travel to find someone.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    One way to put a store out of business is to make it hard to get things to sell. If the big companies not only undercut on price but are able to get most of the supplies from the wholesalers then the little guys fold.

I lived in Germany in the mid 1990s. Very few small shops for guns. But two huge companies, Kettners (43 in Europe, 20 in Germany) and Frankonian Jagt (8), had stores with millions of dollars of firearms in stock. This was before Cabelas and Gander Mountain were big here in the US. But I could see a day when we would have big stores who could buy direct from the factory thus undercutting the little guy. Most manufacturers do not warehouse, that is what the wholesaler does. The big stores are their own wholesaler and warehousing operation.

The best way for the little guy to survive is form a group like the IGA did for small grocery stores. Buy as a group, have your own warehousing and specialize in items that the big stores would not sell. Thus the big sporting goods stores are going after the hunting and target shooting market. The small guy needs to focus on military styled items and police weapons.

Drotis

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 17, 2012
    Sellersburg
    Living in SO IN, I have Bass Pro and Cabela's (Louisville) in my back yard. They do have the inventory, and I usu go there to "fondle" guns, just browsing and checking them out. But when it comes time to buy, I go to one of my LGS's. Prices are almost always comparable, if not less. What they don't have, they can usu get in a short time. Like the big stores, but buy local.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    my local gun shop is struggling right now. its not that he doesn't have inventory but after the big rush to buy, he struggled with getting inventory (ARs). now that he can get more in there is no one to buy as everyone is now well stocked. all we can do is continue to support our locals even if we have to pay a little more. if we do not there will be no one to help on transfers or we will have to travel to find someone.

That is the two ways of putting little stores out of business.
    1. they can not get stuff to sell, empty shelves
    2. they have stuff to sell but the market is saturated thus no one is buying.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wonder what is in all the government warehouse"s ?

From what I have heard, a group of investors - mostly democrats - have been doing most of the purchases (whole production runs). Then they bid on various government contracts. They act as the warehouse and have that as part of the contract. If they can not win government contracts, they can always dump guns and ammo on the open market. But also they have lots of weapons and ammo to arm their own folks if needed.

Along with those hording ammo or the small speculators, you might have to contend with millionaire speculators as well.

Top Bottom