• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • r.gray87

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Columbus
    Recently went shooting with some friends, one of them brought along his intratec CAT 9...I had to manually eject every other cartridge because racking the slide was the only way to reset the trigger. WWB 9mm wouldn't fully throw the slide back, so after you fire, it would chamber the next round but not let you fire without racking the slide. The 10 or so round mag was now only a 5 shot single action with a crap trigger....worst gun I've ever had the displeasure of shooting.

Only other time I've had trouble with a gun was an old NE Firearms single shot .243. A Handi-Rifle that you could swap barrels on....the thing wouldn't eject the shell after shooting about 5 in a row. It got hot and it required you eject the shell manually via a metal rod. No issues taking a whitetail with it though, since you only needed one shot, but just frustrating when you wanted to just shoot at the range.

UnionPmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    NW Indiana
    It's a tie between a Davis .380 and a Skkyy 9mm. I still have both because I don't want anyone to buy/take them and mistakenly count on these POS's.

I've seen some have problems with the RIA 1911 compact. I love mine and carry it everywhere.

huntsville

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Taurus 24/7 .45 ACP. FTF, FTE, Stovepipe. Mostly with ball ammo but some with defensive rounds. I couldn't trust it as a carry pistol which is what it was supposed to be.

zombieglock

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Mine was my first Handgun. My dad bought it for me for my 21st. It was a Smith and Wesson 22A. I shot about 300 rounds and the gun cut a groove into the frame. I sent it back to Smith and Wesson and they "readjusted" it. After I got it back, it FTE about 60% of the time. It just sits in my safe doing nothing. I will most likely never own another S&W because of the horrible customer service I got.

Osprey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    +1 on the Raven .25. I didn't buy it, it was promo with Dons Guns decades ago. I got it for free but it was my first gun. Gun jammed/stovepiped so many times, I almost shot my friends face with it when we tried to eject the bullet. Eventually learned using CCI aluminum shells was a bad idea. I still have those lousy shells as a reminder. However, the Raven was rid of a looong time ago.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    G26. Really like the feel, handling, size. But the gap between the mag and butt of the grip left me with a blood blister after two mags. Sold it and bought a Taurus 24/7 Pro Gen 1. Far more accurate, and just as reliable in my personal experience.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thompson Auto Ordinance 1911....Serious piece of crap. Hammer followed the slide when I was loading it in my shop. That was my 1 and only (so far) AD.
    Hole in the bench is still there as a reminder to never but cheap POS guns. We get exactly what we pay for.

I cut the gun in 4 pieces and "GONE"

MachIV

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Charter Arms AR-7. Technially, I received it as a gift, but it jammed far more than it successfully cycled a round. CCI and Winchester Super X are the only thing that works in it and that's only with original magazines(forget aftermarkets). I bought some accessories to try to modify(make better), but when it comes to the Charter Arms version of this rifle you just can't polish a turd.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    A Remington .22 Viper rifle. I or my friends could not hit a barn if we stood 10ft. away. At least I was able to part the rifle out.

Really? The one I had shot very well. However, it was the one gun I did not buy a bunch of mags for and when I got back around to it in the safe the mags had been discontinued from Remington and they were quite expensive to get, so I sold it off. I never had any trouble whatsoever with mine, but I think mine was an early model. I think they went downhill at some point as I know they started using plastic mags, etc at some point.

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Let's see. I also bought a Davis 32 caliber chrome pistol, I think it was 32 caliber. It fell apart when I attempted to
    shoot it. It was a long time ago.
    Kel-Tec P32, had to go back twice to Kel Tec, before it would work.
    Chiappa 22lr pistol. This pistol is so bad. However, it has taught me a lot about repairing guns. I have fixed it so many times, when
    it does work, I feel some weird sort of satisfaction.
    I now only purchase better brands of guns, or don't buy at all.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I had a Davis Derringer in .38 special. It was a bear to shoot if you did not have a proper grip on it. I kept it loaded with Glaser or Mag-safe rounds for self defense. Shot it a lot. Gave it to my dad years ago and it never missed a beat.

abrams12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Mine was a Smith & Wesson Sigma in 9mm. The gun was reliable and trouble free, but the trigger pull was way too heavy. Traded for a Glock 17 and never looked back.

IndianaBuckeye

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2011
    It's gotta be a tec-22. Looks super cool, but it would only fire more than one round in a row if you held it on its side... gansta style. Even then, it wouldn't always work. I know a lot of them are awesome.... I just got a super dud.
    I know it's gotta be fixable, but the parts cost more than I paid for the pistol. Hmmm... maybe that was the problem.

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    Cobray M11 I bought it new and after 3 rounds the trigger bar slid up over the hammer bar. I had to field strip it and lift up on the trigger bar then put back together after every few rounds.

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    Most recently a Ruger LCP. I did not like the hurt it was causing to my hand. In the past, a Smith and Wesson 9VE. Horrible and unreliable. Something about a soft metal that was used in the firing pin and caused way too many FTF's.

Top Bottom