• Total voters

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Yes I would.

And then tell what you would do with it? (or tell why not if you chose no)(Really, No? WTH are you gonna do, smoke a bong with it and watch the stars?)

I would take pictures where I dropped it and in the back of my truck, drive it home, stick the carcass in a big freezer or freezers, contact my attorney and go from there.

Possibly contact Bill O'Reilly for an interview.

Write a book, maybe call it Growing up Sasquatch, Real Sasquatch Hunters or The Sasquatch Diaries.

Then write a cook book, 101 uses for a dead Squatch.

Last edited:

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Yes those commercials make sense and "No messing around" at all. I am not talking hand to hand combat here. I would shoot him from a distance or use a 12 gauge with a slug! This would not be a fair fight.

Mrmonte

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Indy South Side
    I would not shoot. Chances are that its a guy in a monkey suit if you think you see a squatch. Im not going to jail for shooting a jack hole in a monkey suit.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Genius!

Maybe haul it up to Alaska and get on the reality taxidermy show too? Free press! Then drive to Vegas and try to sell it to the Pawn Star guys. "Is it even legal to have a stuffed Squatch?"

Well, you know, my close personal friend here that you've inexplicably allowed me to ask to appraise your Sasquatch on your behalf says that it's only worth about $200. The problem is that I don't have a lot of people coming in here looking for a stuffed Sasquatch, so I'm gonna have a hard time selling it, see? I'll tell you what, I'll give you fifty bucks for it, OK?

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Having spent time in areas of reported sasquatch activity, I have discussed this topic extensively with my shooting/deer hunting/mushroom hunting/gold panning partner/eldest brother.

I was originally of the opinion that I would not shoot the poor beast if not threatened because I do not kill without good reason.

I have since come to the decision that the contribution to the world of scientific knowledge gained by the possession and study of the carcass provides justification for killing one.

In the field, this decision would hinge on me having a good shot, and sufficient gun for the task.
    Bigfoot is one of the reasons I bought an xdm .45 (two other reasons are bear and awesome).

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bigfoot is one of the reasons I bought an xdm .45 (two other reasons are bear and awesome).

How do you know that being shot won't make him more powerful? Maybe that's why hunters have never managed to bag one yet. Maybe they're only vulnerable to Nerf darts.

bogus

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Columbus area
    Not to totally thread jack, but when I was a kid my barber asked me what I would do if I saw Bigfoot. I told him I would run. He said, "Why, he can out run you?". I said, "Well I don't know then. What would you do?". He told me he would probably ask him if he wanted a hair-cut. :D:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    You don't wanna see a bald Bigfoot. Also, you don't have to outrun him, you just have to outrun one other person in your group.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    "Is it even legal to have a stuffed Squatch?"

:dunno:I doubt there`s any laws on the books...:laugh:
    I updated my OP. Years ago a law was passed in California making it illegal to kill a Sasquatch. I have no clue if castle laws apply if you are being eaten by one in your own tent (not a State owned shelter) before you shoot. This is why my attorney would get a call no matter where I shot it.

To be sure it was not a drunk in a mascot outfit you would have to be pretty close. If he smells like alcohol I say no shoot.

A good lesson might also be, do not go to another country where you do not speak the local language and dress up like a Squatch. If I am yelling at a Squatch and suddenly he speaks English I am going to hesitate. If he answers in French, he is toast, so to speak.

Last edited:

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Not to totally thread jack, but when I was a kid my barber asked me what I would do if I saw Bigfoot. I told him I would run. He said, "Why, he can out run you?". I said, "Well I don't know then. What would you do?". He told me he would probably ask him if he wanted a hair-cut. :D:laugh::laugh::laugh:
    I think it is technically impossible to jack this thread. :welcome:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    What if you thought it was a Sasquatch but it turned out to be, I don't know, a Yeti on vacation from his mountain lair in Nepal, or maybe a chupacabra?

Top Bottom