• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ... that is if it comes on the market before the markets crash hard.

Wonder Gel Instantly Closes and Stops Profusely Bleeding Wounds | Video | TheBlaze.com

Veti-Gel/Medi-Gell. It's a two part process. Part A is a gel in a syringe that gets squirted into the wound. Part B is a spray that seals the gel inside the wound and causes the surface of the gel exposed to the spray to act like new skin.

The article mentions a scene from The Hunger Games where a similar material is used as a burn treatment. I prefer the scene from Blade: Trinity where Hannibal King gets a clotting injection into a GSW by Abigail Whistler.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    I'm looking forward to some more reviews of this material as well as some more extensive testing. It can replace the bottle of gorilla glue in my glovebox...

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Looks interesting. I can see the application being tricky in a dynamic environment. Moving vehicle, slippery hands, combative patient etc.

RipkinC

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Indy
    How about old fashion sugar...
    But really it does look interesting but as other have said application will be the key. Nice thing about the gauze is that its self contained and easy to apply. Having not been shot I can only imagine that having it pushed into the hole hurts, as well as anything would but I know for cuts etc first hand the gauze works wonders.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    I also keep a caulk gun and a tube of adhesive in my tool box. It's called plug and play.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Saw a new video on VetiGel today and in searching for dupes, found this old thread. Neat stuff that is still being developed. Sounds like it's almost ready for veterinary use.

[video=youtube;dJLxRcU9No4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJLxRcU9No4[/video]

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I've heard that using celox on the upper torso or head runs the risk of the hemostatin getting to the brain and causing a stroke. I wonder about this stuff doing that? anyway, the video demo is impressive!

Top Bottom