• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    I just saw this yesterday and was surprised that the liberal press didn't cover the event :D I won't get into the issues I have with his presidency, but this video is super cool and gets my patriotic juices flowing.......

Forgive me if you all have already seen this.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TiGYDvc4lU[/ame]

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I just saw this yesterday and was surprised that the liberal press didn't cover the event :D I won't get into the issues I have with his presidency, but this video is super cool and gets my patriotic juices flowing.......

Forgive me if you all have already seen this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TiGYDvc4lU

I didn't watch the video but I'm not surprised. Bush regularly visited the wounded at Walter Reed and Bethesda and almost never advertised it (I can't think of a time when the White House mentioned it) which was typical of the man. For all he pissed me off with his spending, he stood up for the Armed Forces and thanked them for their service - and didn't do it for publicity.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    VA was underfunded during Bush administration. Didn't plan well for the numbers of returning wounded. He's certainly a nice guy and does well with personally supporting troops though.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    VA was underfunded during Bush administration. Didn't plan well for the numbers of returning wounded. He's certainly a nice guy and does well with personally supporting troops though.

The VA has been perpetually underfunded over the years - which is one reason why it has such a reputation. In fact, all things military were de-funded during the eight years of the Clinton Administration, although the de-funding started during the Bush '41' Administration after the breakup of the Soviet Empire - the so-called "Peace Dividend."

If you recall all the complaints about how the military was 'ill-equipped' for the invasion of Iraq in Gulf War II - no armored Humvees, not enough body armor, etc. When we 'build down' our military forces, it takes time to build it back up to the levels required by the world situation.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I don't care what anyone says, I love G.W. Bush and think he was a great president (except for the spending thing) He still greets soldiers at DFW airport

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    When was the last time Obama went for a bike ride with the troops or a non publicized meeting with the troops?

Never! My guess is he never will!

benkrebs

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    When was the last time Obama went for a bike ride with the troops or a non publicized meeting with the troops?

Never! My guess is he never will!

Give Obama a break, do you really think he has time for the troops when he is single-handedly fixing the economy? He may be the best thing ever, but he's still only human.

:rolleyes:

Top Bottom