• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redneckpastor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    :dunno: So my wife was driving and Wreck! Hit a wall because of black ice and after the wreck i told her to get off the main hwy if possible. Do not wanting someone doing the same thing and smashing into her. So the car drove after the wreck and onto some back roads. Turned off the car and will not start now. No sounds no nothing when you turn the key. Battery was not yet dead.

Now here are the pics
    3n73o03la5T95P25R7a3172e699a1df3a1980.jpg

3n73p73ld5O95T15R5a312070ee52a8db116f.jpg

3m93p93l15O75Tb5R6a31f74a5816ef441006.jpg

3k93p83le5T55P25R3a3161564c32e2e81258.jpg

As you can see there is only minimal front damage :D kinda minimal. Either way if i had the time/money right now i would fix it and get it running. Haven't posted in a month i think so life is chaotic right about now. Any impute would be nice. Jokes are always funny and all but please keep to a minimum :D if possible.

Have to car on 2003 Ford Taurus SE parts car?
    and asking $900. I think that is fair but was hoping for more, but reality hits at some point.

Other info:
    Millage 145,000
    2003 Ford Taurus
    Good Condition (other than wreck)
    Interior is good
    Tires Good
    Air Bags did not go off
    (Already had 6 calls about the car in a 3 hour time)
    :ingo:

chubbs

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Jun 2, 2009
    North of hell, south of heaven
    Alot of newer vehicles(98 and up) have a safety kill switch. After a front end collision they trip a breaker to stop the fuel pump and such. Great if cars burning, bad if you still want to drive it. Most ford products hide the switch to reset it on the left side of the trunk.

redneckpastor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Just trying to sell it, not too worried about getting it running. A few busted things need some repair work done if i was going to fix it up

duck1985

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2010
    Indianapolis- Broad Ripple
    Try a new battery and try to reset the fuel switch on the passenger side kick panel. Ford has that in place that in the event of an accident fuel would not be flooding the engine and causing a fire if the line was punctured. It should say in your owners manual how to reset the fuel disconnect switch.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    Yes, the fuel inertia switch was flipped. We use to mess with people with fords in parking lots if they would **** us off. just pound your hand where the switch is and the car won't start.

Then they can't figure out why, they get a tow (50 bucks) and a trip to a service shop (50 bucks) to have them flip it back to the on position.

We use to be mean kids, causing peple a 100 dollar if we didn't like them.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Franklin
    If it was the fuel shutoff switch the car would not have driven away from the accident! That being said wouldn't hurt to try it. lol Sounds like an electrical problem caused by the damage maybe a wire grounded to the frame causing the battery to die.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    Redneck,

Honestly you'll be lucky to get 900 for it, your best bet if you are able is part it out.

Factory rim $50
    Door $100
    Engine $500
    Tranny $500

You catch where this is going I am sure.

As a complete car if I was in the Market it is worth $750

You part it out you have $2500-$3000 sitting there.

The Air bags alone are worth a couple hundred, lots of Auto Rebuilders always need parts, I used to help out a friend of mine in the rebuild business,he would buy 2 or 3 totaled cars build one and sell it plus all the parts he made a fortune, unfortunately he also liked strippers and coke, so I will see him again in about 5 years..

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    It would drive after the wreck... it would drive till the gas in the fuel lines was exhausted... that switch just keeps the pump from resupplying the line....

Not really, it is a fuel injected car and thus needs fuel pressure to deliver to the injectors. If it were carburated that would work.
    Unless you are saying that the fuel pump continues to work when the switch trips, then what does the switch control? :dunno:

ArmyMP

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Fred Paris's republik of Franklin
    Fuel pumps are 1 way valves anymore... any built up pressure remains in the lines.... go out to your car and find the schrader valve on the fuel rail.. if you press it with the car off there is still pressure. Hence the car would run till the fuel line and rail were exhausted.

redneckpastor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Thanks guys, wish i had the space to part it out. Right now it is in a parking lot. Cant really see that working out too well.

(Not trying to sell it on here, just getting advice)

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Fuel pumps are 1 way valves anymore... any built up pressure remains in the lines.... go out to your car and find the schrader valve on the fuel rail.. if you press it with the car off there is still pressure. Hence the car would run till the fuel line and rail were exhausted.

Makes sense. :yesway:

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond

Yep about 2 minutes at an Idle as soon as you tried to accelerate pressure would drop and it would stall. Go out there and hook a pressure gauge to you schrader valve and pull the fuel pump relay, watch that pressure drop as soon as you turn on the key. The injectors use a lot of pressure, it will start and run a short VERY short time.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    my car will run about 1/2 mile on just the line... I know... my pump went out....

LMAO

I had to drop my tank and change a pump on the side of some hill billy back road in Michigan once. I had enough money to buy the pump but not enough to get it towed home and buy the pump.

In the dark and rather chilly October weather.

ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    Off subject...i have a 94 jeep grand cherokee with 194k....transmission shot. Still runs but needs a trans. Any idea of how much I could get out of it anyone?

redneckpastor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    craigslist.org

Crazy people on there but one way to get your item out there for people to see it. I got 7 phone calls within 3 hours of putting that ad up there.

Top Bottom