Write/Call Donnelly and the Rest of our Reps NOW!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ncthorn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Tomorrow, BO is urging his loyal followers to contact their reps and ask that they support the upcoming gun control legislation. We need to fire back and make sure that we continue to outnumber these morons. See here:

https://www.facebook.com/barackobama?ref=ts&fref=ts

He is trying to make tomorrow some sort of "national day for gun violence prevention". Those of you that are writing daily, keep up the good work. Those that aren't writing, please get on it, especially tomorrow.

Last edited:

ncthorn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Yes sorry I just noticed that. I was ready to post this earlier today and just got to it tonight. I guess I should have checked before, but can hardly bear to look at that page.

VikingWarlord

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    FWIW, I did just write to him anyway, same as I do every day.

Mr. Donnelly,

Once again, I am writing to urge you to oppose the upcoming gun control package.

Though your colleagues like to use the word "compromise", there never is any. "Compromise" means that someone gets something in return for giving something up.

In actuality, all that happens with "compromise" in the government is that fewer of the citizens' rights get taken away than originally wanted. This is unacceptable and is not a compromise. Continuing to put more regulations and restrictions on law-abiding citizens is unconscionable, particularly when they're also unenforceable without further rights violations.

I have read the bill and the amendment from Senators Toomey and Manchin and this is not as shiny and bright as the sound bites would have us believe. It restricts the creation of a national registry but the verbiage only applies to the Attorney General, not all Federal divisions. It also allows for self-prosecution if that is violated, which is so asinine as to actually be offensive.

There is nothing good in here for legal gun owners and there is nothing that will decrease the number of illegal firearms on the streets. The limitations on who can use what firearm and for what purpose is so strict and the definition of a "transfer" is so broad that it effectively eliminates anyone being able to do anything.

Violence is a large problem in the United States but the data from the FBI's Universal Crime Reporting suggests that there will be no effect on violent crime resulting from gun control laws.

Gun control is not about guns, it is about control. Mr. Donnelly, please uphold your oath of office, support the Constitution of the United States, and vote against any gun control package that comes to a vote.

jmsnell

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Indy
    They are debating it today though -- tune in live on C-SPAN2 now and write your senators!

Last edited:

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    Donnelly is worthless. Do you actually think his vote would reflect the views of the majority of Hoosiers?

He is a lap dog for Reid, Pelosi and Barry.

The best thing to do for Donnelly is make sure he is a one term Senator.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Donnelly is worthless. Do you actually think his vote would reflect the views of the majority of Hoosiers?

You do realize he will be in the senate for 5+ more years. He wants to be in both sides of the fence at the same time. So writing and calling is better than waiting.

VikingWarlord

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Noblesville

So you're choosing to add nothing productive instead of taking a whole minute and a half out of your very busy day to do what is actually within your power.

'Merika!

Top Bottom