• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    im interested in getting a .22 conversion for my Bushmaster Carbine.

anyone suggest a certain make?
    anyone have one for sale?

thanks
    Joe

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Ciener conversion

I have the Ciener .22 conversion in a Colt AR. I also got three of the BlackDog full sized magazines. Don't bother with the metal Ciener mags. Dog ugly and a pain to handle!

The conversion takes only seconds to install.

You likely can find one at the gun show in a couple of weeks. Cost around $189. Magazines are around $25 each. It pays for itself after around 700 rounds.

I've had pretty good success with it. There are some brands of .22 it doesn't like, but I can't recall the specific one. The casings would bind in the chamber and fail to eject. Changed brands and no failures.

I did have one .22 round blow the base off of itself a few weeks ago!

lovemywoods

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I've got the Ceiner kit installed in my daughter's AR15. Black Dog magazines are great. I've got a half dozen of the old style and a half dozen of the newer style. No hang ups with any of them. Honestly I've never even tried to use the little 10 round Ceiner magazine that came with the kit.

My daughter was having problems with jams and stovepipes one day and every time she handed me the gun it ran 100%. I'd give it back to her and she would get off 2 or 3 shots and then have another FTE. I'd take it and fire off 10 rounds in rapid fire, give it back to her and it would jam. Took me a few minutes to figure it out, I was standing and she was sitting. As she was sitting at the bench she would occasionally set the weight of the gun on the magazine. The weight of the gun would create upward pressure from the magazine against the gun bolt, slow it down, and cause the failures.

I only use copper plated or copper washed 22lr ammo because of fouling. It seems to keep the gun cleaner, especially the gas tube. One other tip, after each shooting session (or every 300 to 500 rounds) pull out the Ceiner conversion, slide in the factory bolt, and shoot off a couple full power 223 or 5.56 rounds. The full power rounds will blow any accumulated gunk out of the gas tube that the 22lr blows in there. 22lr is generally pretty dirty, firing some full power rounds blows out the crud.

ick

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2008
    NWI
    I'm eyeballing the Spike's Tactical kit. I think that it's time to build a .22lr kit as an SBR with a can...

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I'm eyeballing the Spike's Tactical kit. I think that it's time to build a .22lr kit as an SBR with a can...

Like this?:rockwoot:
    attachment.php

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Me too!! How much did that cost you altogether?

You think you might be able to get the kit at the 1500?

The lower was $125 from the EE, the Spike's complete upper was $500, the Quest suppressor was $350+the $200 stamp, and the SBR stamp was $200. The TacPoint clone was $100 from the EE and the miscelaneous goodies were around $50. All total for what you see=$1525. FOR A FRIGGIN .22:n00b: But hey, I like it...

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Sorry, I don't have one to sell, but I highly recommend the M261 conversion kit. I just got one a couple months back and love it. Black Dog Machine now makes 27 rd mags that have been functioning flawless for me.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom