• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jforrest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Porter County
    I am looking for a name brand, (Specialized, Trek, etc...) non-walmart or sporting goods chain store, mountain bike . I would prefer to spend no more than $200 and will drive somewhere around an hour to pick it up, will drive further if there are not many offers. I live in NW Indiana, Valparaiso to be exact.

Thanks in advance.

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    I know you said no Walmart, but they have some nice Schwinns for sale with Shimano components. I just got the hybrid version, but they had a nearly identical 26". Just an FYI if you are staying at that price point, they were 215 or so for the mountain bike version.

jforrest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Porter County
    If you want something like a Trek, Specialized or even a Giant like I have.. you are going to have to dough out some more money than $200. I have a Giant Yukon for sale, but not for $200. Stripped down the way I bought it.. I'd let it go for $375. I just took a pic of it, but like I said.. it would be stripped down to stock, the way I bought it. I'd even entertain firearms trades.. depending on what you have.

Let me know if you are interested... and if you had to come to Indy to pick it up.. I'd make it worth your while.. I'd even leave some of this aftermarket stuff on it (only because you are an INGO member).

Thanks, I will keep your offer in mind. Right now I am trying to survey all my options to make the best use of my money. I should be making a decision within the week on what I am going to do because I am going up to the Marquette, Michigan (way up in the U.P.) on the 21st.

I know you said no Walmart, but they have some nice Schwinns for sale with Shimano components. I just got the hybrid version, but they had a nearly identical 26". Just an FYI if you are staying at that price point, they were 215 or so for the mountain bike version.

Thanks for the info, I have been looking at walmart but I'm just not sure if I want to spend $200+ on a bike from them, when if I spend $380 - $400 on a quality name brand bike that should last me much longer than the one from Walmart. I think part of it is I'm not a huge fan of Walmart and espically things made in China. I know at least Specialized is made in the U.S.

stony

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Pittsboro,IN

I bought a Schwinn from Wal Mart. The rims are completely junk, they are not very good quality. Don't get me wrong Schwinn makes awesome bikes but the ones that go to Wal Mart are junk, and so are the parts that they are assembled with.

Top Bottom