WTS/WTT OBO Iver Johnson 32SW + Ammo RUGER MKIII BULL UPPER!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • following2dp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Fishers
    Wanting to sell this as a pack. I've had this gun for a little over a year now. I bought it because I am extremely obsessed with topbreaks, however it is time to upgrade to 45lc :draw:. Still a great little pistol. everything works on it. The nickel is still present pretty much througout the firearm. It is over a hundred years old, and does have that antique feeling to it, but it's part of the charm (see vintage ad below).
    I'm asking 150 obo for the revolver plus the rest of my .32SW. These are the .32SW (shorts) not the longs, they arn't officially called the .32SW short, but i've heard people refer to them as such because of the .32SW long. I have 61 rounds and a bunch of shells if you wish to reload them.

Price drop, not 150,
    Here is a pic of what you get for $125 obo (excluding the bathroom tile;)) :

REVOLVER SOLD

372149173.jpg

Here are some additional pictures:
    358830814.jpg

358831063.jpg

iver-johnson-safe-revolver-ad.jpg

DISCLAIMER: Notice where it says "Accidental Discharge Impossible" trying to make it seem safe to allow an innocent youth to sleep with the revolver next to her :nono: I do not endorse the idea of giving a child a firearm in this manner, I show this ad purely for historical reference.

I Also Have a Ruger 22/45 bull upper. This upper has proved to be extremely accurate compared to similar .22's I have fired. I wasnt too impressed with longrange accuracy using the golddot valuepack, however using remmington target ammo, and CCI ammo, I have found this barrel to shoot dime size at around 20 feet. I put enough ammunition through it to know it won't jam golddot/federal/cci, and to sight in the gun. Less than 500rnds through it, and these barrels last forever. I refuse to run thunderbolt ammo through my .22's and I assure you I have taken great care in this. I am selling this upper because I needed a training pistol for my girlfriend, so I bought a Ruger 22/45. However, the 22/45 that it went to now belongs to my gf who wanted a more girly/less black pac-lite upper on it. (See photo) Although I find the pac-lites to be nice for what they are, I have had much better accuracy results with the factory ruger barrrel. The extra weight means the recoil is almost entirely eliminated, and the upper reciever lower reciever fit is much tighter with the factory barrel. If you have a tapered barrel for your ruger, I highly recomend you give a bull barrel a try. This barrel does include a scope mount, I have installed it once to fit my eotech on, and decided a fully armored battle ready red dot thats almost the size of the handgun doesn't make much sense. You can, however find some nice pistol scopes and pistol red dots for reasonable prices these days, and I bet you could get pretty good results by trying pairing this upper with a decent piece of glass.

Price Drop, Not 225,
    $200 OBO for the upper:

This is the upper I prefer
    372165372.jpg

This is the kind of 22 trainer I like:
    ruger_14307.jpg

This is what my girlfriend wanted:
    372431260.jpg

I am in the Fishers Area, however I travel across indianapolis to the Avon, and the surrounding areas all the time.

Reasonable Offers are welcome.

:patriot:

Last edited:

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    I know we're not supposed to make comments in the want ads accept directly related to questions/comments about buying or interest, but that is a really wild ad, thanks for including it.

So my question is, is it still capable of shooting it with modern ammo.

following2dp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Fishers
    The revolver has been sold,

I love seeing old firearm's ad's :popcorn:

About the modern .32sw's, I havn't found a whole lot of info on the Iver Johnson's, however, I've shot both the blackpowdered winchester's and the remington's, not sure if the remingtons are black powder, and didn't notice any difference between the two. I personally havn't shot the revolver a whole lot, I bought for the antique value of it, and because of my obsession with topbreaks.

Top Bottom