• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

TheCapulet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Rural Fairmount
    My uncle finally found the key to his old gun cabinet and realized he's a bit skiddish about having an 'assault rifle' in his house. He gave it to me, and I figured I'd try and trade it since I don't need another.

It has all matching parts aside from the magazine. He replaced the magazine with a 30-rounder when he first bought it, and couldn't find the original when he gave it to me. Has no rust, but on the back of the receiver cover there seems to be some pitting either from rust that was previously removed, or where it was dropped. :dunno: Bluing is still in good shape though. Barrel seems to be in great condition.

The main issue I see with it though is the stock. It does have the original numbers matching wood stock, as well as one of the fiberglass 'jungle' stocks. But he apparently painted both black when he got it. I've left the fiberglass stock as it is, since it isn't a real hassle to remove paint from it. But I've refinished the wood stock with satin acrylic. It looks great and feels great. Just not 'original' as some people would like.

I've also reworked the trigger group to give it a positive sear engagement as well as to smooth the action, and it feels almost as good as the one on mine who I had modified by Kivaari's Triggers.

I'd like to trade it for any 92fs-type in decent condition, or a cheap but reliable full size 1911. I'll hear out other deals as well. (may be able to pad deal with cash, but keep in mind; I'm a broke college kid)

In Marion area.

I'll have pics up shortly.

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom