• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • opus1776

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    From Gary Slider on GT:

"West Virginia has changed their reciprocity law. They will now honor anyone who honors them. That means WV in the coming months should add Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Montana, Nebraska Nevada & Wisconsin as states they honor as these states already honor WV. Colorado, Georgia and Alabama should also be added to the WV list as these states will honor anyone who honors them. WV Does not honor any of the listed states above yet but should in the coming months."

======================================
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" K. Moss
    You can NEVER be too rich or too thin.
    Life is not a journey, but a series of unplanned detours...
    Perfection: is not a goal---it's a demanded expectation.

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    THANK GOD!!!!! ALL of my grandmas, grandpas, aunts, etc. live there. It will be nice to actually carry on the way down there

EDIT: With Kansas doing something similar, does this means both Kansas AND WV will recognize an LTCH here shortly? That will be nice

Lock load

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Mishawaka IN
    It would be nice if we could get Ohio to honor our LTCH too.
    But it has been good to see more states added to our reciprocity list recently.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    So, of state A will "honor the permit of any state that honors them", and state B will "honor the permit of any state that honors them", does that create a "which came first the chicken or the egg," sort of situation between states A & B?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Getting a Utah permit is basically pointless now right?

Hopefully we can get constitutional carry (no license needed) passed the next session!!!
    I have faith in our Indiana reps! They have been doing great with our gun rights the last few years.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Interesting read. With the "license or permit to possess or carry" language, it seems to me that they will also recognize IL's FOID card as valid for carry in WV.

I'm glad to see this change, not because I've ever been or care to go to WV, but because it's one more that recognizes us. :woot:

ETA: That will make 31 that recognize us, six more we can get with UT and AZ, and if IL doesn't pass a law recognizing the RKBA, they'll go Constitutional Carry as well, and we'll be up to 32. The other 12, well... What can we say?
    shrug2.gif

AL, AK, AZ, AR, CO, FL, GA, ID, IN, IA, KY, LA, MI, MS, MO, MT, NH, NC, ND, OK, PA, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WI, WY
    KS and WV come on board in July.
    DE, MN, NE, NM, OH, WA can be obtained by reciprocity with AZ or UT.
    CA, CT, HI, IL(?), ME, MD, MA, NV, MJ, NY, OR, RI, SC are all still stuck on the "Gunz R Bad, mmkay?" thing.

Blessings,
    Bill

Last edited:

Brock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    True story, my wife is taking a trip to NC next week and will be driving through WV to get their. She will be driving back a different route to visit some friends, and won't need to travel through WV (sounds like if she reversed her trip shed have nothing to worry about, July 12th being when reciprocity goes into effect, but she can't).

Is anyone familiar enough with traveling through WV with an Indiana LTCH to clear up how she should stay legal on that portion of the trip. Is a locked glove box good enough?

Thanks

Last edited:

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Getting a Utah permit is basically pointless now right?

Hopefully we can get constitutional carry (no license needed) passed the next session!!!
    I have faith in our Indiana reps! They have been doing great with our gun rights the last few years.

The question is still the same: if you have a reason for MN, you get the Utah permit. If not, you get the FL permit.

IndyKiller82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    Avon, IN
    This is good news. I am from WV originally too, Huntington is my hometown. It will be nice to be able to carry there. The Cincinnati area might be my only area I'll have to watch carrying on the way down there. Normally I take the AA Highway which is in KY, so might have to find a new route to get around Cincinnati or just lock it up in the trunk before hitting the Ohio state line and then get it back out at the AA Highway.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    The question is still the same: if you have a reason for MN, you get the Utah permit. If not, you get the FL permit.

That's my situation. I have friends we visit in MN regularly and family in WA. Utah's been a great acquisition for me.

bear-girl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    This is good news. I am from WV originally too, Huntington is my hometown. It will be nice to be able to carry there. The Cincinnati area might be my only area I'll have to watch carrying on the way down there. Normally I take the AA Highway which is in KY, so might have to find a new route to get around Cincinnati or just lock it up in the trunk before hitting the Ohio state line and then get it back out at the AA Highway.
    You don't have to go into Ohio. Take I-74 toward Cincinnati, but get off at x164, State Road 1, and go south toward Lawrenceburg. Get on I-275 (x16) where IN-1 intersects US-50 just north of Lawrenceberg and go south, cross the river, and you are in KY without having gone into Ohio.

DC47374

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Richmond, IN

That's ridiculous. The Florida permit is 2x more expensive and almost 10x more expensive when you go to renew. The Utah is much more cost effective....and you can renew online, and not have to go through all the stuff again.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    You don't have to go into Ohio. Take I-74 toward Cincinnati, but get off at x164, State Road 1, and go south toward Lawrenceburg. Get on I-275 (x16) where IN-1 intersects US-50 just north of Lawrenceberg and go south, cross the river, and you are in KY without having gone into Ohio.
    It's also about 10 minutes faster, (when the tractors and trucks stay off it).

Top Bottom