Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Some of it comes from big things. I forgot to reload once. In one stage I reloaded an extra time and that threw me off. I also had an FTF which hung me up on another. But there are plenty of small things. My reloads are pretty slow, and I'm not too efficient moving through the course. I'm also slow at getting on the sites at critical points. Some of those I can work right here in the living room if I just get off my bum.

I just watched the video. Your trigger speed can come up some, but it is not the biggest thing. Order of engagement, too many starts and stops, not looking mag into the gun, getting lost and wondering around a bit, standing reloads that don't have to be standing reloads. Some more matches will help.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I just watched the video. Your trigger speed can come up some, but it is not the biggest thing. Order of engagement, too many starts and stops, not looking mag into the gun, getting lost and wondering around a bit, standing reloads that don't have to be standing reloads. Some more matches will help.

Indeed. That bold part is a recurring theme in my life. That's why I'm going to shoot more matches and come to your leagues. I'll get it down eventually. :)

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Some of it comes from big things. I forgot to reload once. In one stage I reloaded an extra time and that threw me off. I also had an FTF which hung me up on another. But there are plenty of small things. My reloads are pretty slow, and I'm not too efficient moving through the course. I'm also slow at getting on the sites at critical points. Some of those I can work right here in the living room if I just get off my bum.

At least you always had 10 rounds in all your mags :D. You also didn't shoot the same target twice (thanks coach for pointing that out in bay 4. That is what happens when you change your plan at the last second)

I was only a little bit faster and a lot sloppier with the 3 mikes and I'm sure more delta. You both ended up beating because of accuracy and not the speed. It is kind of like the turtle and the hare analogy. :D

jason

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Delaware Co.
    Having re-watched my own runs a few times, I can see a few places where I could have dropped a second or two off my times. I also need to clean up my reloads. And I could stand to work on transitions, and a few more things. Basically, I need to get better.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Having re-watched my own runs a few times, I can see a few places where I could have dropped a second or two off my times. I also need to clean up my reloads. And I could stand to work on transitions, and a few more things. Basically, I need to get better.

The order of engagement is another place where time can be gained. Through the door shooting right to left instead of left to right allows you to back out of the position. In the second stage the first four targets should be engaged left to right or right to left and not a combination. I prefer that if my muzzle covers a target I shoot it then. If I come back to it a second time that is slower unless it save me a reload or a position or allows me to be moving. It will come. Glad you made it out to the match considering the weather.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    At least you always had 10 rounds in all your mags :D. You also didn't shoot the same target twice (thanks coach for pointing that out in bay 4. That is what happens when you change your plan at the last second)

I was only a little bit faster and a lot sloppier with the 3 mikes and I'm sure more delta. You both ended up beating because of accuracy and not the speed. It is kind of like the turtle and the hare analogy. :D

I thought you didn't believe in having a plan?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

WHAAAAAA ????!!!!???

I thought you didn't believe in having a plan?

That would be me.

​rhino out!

jason

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Delaware Co.
    The order of engagement is another place where time can be gained. Through the door shooting right to left instead of left to right allows you to back out of the position. In the second stage the first four targets should be engaged left to right or right to left and not a combination. I prefer that if my muzzle covers a target I shoot it then. If I come back to it a second time that is slower unless it save me a reload or a position or allows me to be moving. It will come. Glad you made it out to the match considering the weather.

Yep, I see several times during that video exactly what you're saying about not pointing my gun at a target twice and order of engagement.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Yep. Or FTE. I didn't look at it. I just fixed it and went about my business. And with the faultless, unstoppable, glock perfection, too. I'll have to throw it away now. Maybe I need a 1911?

If you hadn't seen one of my 9mm 1911s malfunction a couple of summers ago, I'd make a comment. But you did, so I can't. It happened. ARGH!

Top Bottom