• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • schmart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    Lafayette
    Does anyone have a link or info on the Honor Flight 2 gun match on November 12th? I found it on Practiscore but there is no information about start time round count ect. -Jason
    Match starts: November 12, 2022 @ 9:00 AM · Match ends: November 12, 2022 @ 6:00 PM

Brookston, Indiana 47923

$40 registration

Sorry, i don't have info on round count or stages.

schmart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    Lafayette
    I'm very interested in this match.

Do you have to be a memeber?
    Is there a rulebook somewhere?
    No requirement for club membership. I've never shot it but it's called a USPSA 2 Gun match, so I assume you could look at USPSA sure for specific rules.
    AFAIK there are a limited number of shooters so sign up on practiscore link above.

Yes, I'm a wildcat member but typically shoot IDPA matches. Shooting this one because of the honor flight connection. Probably will help setup but am really just an interested shooter myself.
    Rick

diverjes06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2010
    GREENWOOD
    Many of the USPSA 2-gun matches are actually PCC/pistol, not full power rifle(5.56/.223)/pistol.
    This includes the recent national championship.
    Any details on which combination this match will accept?

longbeard

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    United States
    I'm not a participant or match personnel, but I don't believe this is a USPSA match. In past years it's just been a 2 gun outlaw charity match.

I would suggest checking the wildcat rifle pistol club's Facebook page as I believe they do most of their promotion there.

Trevelayan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 11, 2014
    Putnam Co.
    Not been to Wildcat Valley before but my main match on Saturday got cancelled so it looks like I'll be trying this one out. What ranges can we expect to shoot at? It looks like the facility goes to 300 yards?

Gunmetalgray

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 14, 2021
    not lost, wandering...
    Bay 1 and bays 3 through 8 look to be set up for tomorrow. At previous honor flight charity matches, bay 1 had some targets set at ~200 yards max. The bays 3 thru 7 are not as deep and looks like might be a mix of pistol & rifle targets, varying target distances from close up like maybe 5 yards & some may go out to 40 or 50 maybe. Bay 8 goes out to 100 yards but not sure where targets will be set there. Should be fun, even with the temp being cool, and proceeds going to a great cause.

Trevelayan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 11, 2014
    Putnam Co.
    Very glad I tried this out, despite the weather it was definitely one of the better matches I've been to, you can tell the staff put a lot of work into everything, it was a ton of fun

gottabeoutdoors

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2017
    Frankfort
    Kudos to Geno and the rest - such a fantastic match and I am already looking forward to next year! Despite frozen hands on the first stage, I feel like the rest of the match wasn't bad from a weather standpoint. Just need more experience at distance with my rifle.

Thanks!!
    Mick

HonkieKowboy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 14, 2018
    Lafayette
    Was just informed that minimum round count is 55 rifle and 124 pistol. They are recommending extra for make up shots/reshoots etc. Guess I've got to start pulling the handle on the reloader as I go through lots of make up shots!!! :)
    Please tell me that's for the entire day not per stage. I dont think i even have the pistol mag pouches for it lol.

HonkieKowboy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 14, 2018
    Lafayette
    Good timing on bumping this thread with this years match being tomorrow 11/11/23. Looking forward to getting revenge on the double star this year, but won't be disappointed if it isn't included either...
    Whoops my bad forgot to check the years lol. Just assumed the first search result was the more recent one

Top Bottom