• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I wonder if raising gas prices will impact match attendance? $4.16 per gallon today; makes one stop and think about driving 100 plus miles, round trip, for a match.

That is kind of a buzz-kill that is giving me hesitation to shoot USPSA on Sat. and Sun. I'd love to do both, but I'm tempted to stay close to home on Sat and do IDPA at ACC and save a few bucks. Might just flip a coin Friday night :)

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    To help reduce the expense a bit I just started eating breakfast at home and packing a lunch.. With extra drinks And it does help. Its not much but every little bit helps

I'm in Saturday. But Sunday is not the question:dunno:. I always give some gas money to whoever will take it to help offset costs. There generally hasn't been an issue getting at least 3-4 people to ride with someone.

I think we will have at least 3 in one vehicle heading to Wildcat Saturday.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I just "rediscovered" better gas mileage in my truck. I used to get 20 mpg all the time, and once got almost 22 mpg on a trip to Atlanta, GA (this is in a Silverado with a 5.3 L V8). A few years ago, my mileage went down to 15-16 mpg for no apparent reason.

I recently started obeying all posted speed limits and trying to keep the tach under 2000 RPM. My mileage for the last two fill-ups has been 19.5+ mpg.

Now I realize my right foot was what killed my mileage! I used to annoy the crap out of everyone because I drove like an old lady. Now I'm doing it again and will continue to do so indefinitely.

19.5 mpg may not be impressive by some standards, but it sucks a lot less than 15 mpg.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    I just "rediscovered" better gas mileage in my truck. I used to get 20 mpg all the time, and once got almost 22 mpg on a trip to Atlanta, GA (this is in a Silverado with a 5.3 L V8). A few years ago, my mileage went down to 15-16 mpg for no apparent reason.

I recently started obeying all posted speed limits and trying to keep the tach under 2000 RPM. My mileage for the last two fill-ups has been 19.5+ mpg.

Now I realize my right foot was what killed my mileage! I used to annoy the crap out of everyone because I drove like an old lady. Now I'm doing it again and will continue to do so indefinitely.

19.5 mpg may not be impressive by some standards, but it sucks a lot less than 15 mpg.

Yeah but I have seen what lurks under the cover of your bed in the past and that is some serious cargo. :D

Skroggster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Kokomo, Indiana
    To help reduce the expense a bit I just started eating breakfast at home and packing a lunch.. With extra drinks And it does help. Its not much but every little bit helps

Yeah, that includes 3 buckets of KFC, 4 LARGE bags of Fritos Chili Cheese Chips, and a case of water and a 1/2 gallon of Tobasco. I think it's a break even! :D

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Yeah spend 8K on a new bike to save on Gas:D

Based on your number and $4 gas, Rhino could save enough money on fuel to pay off an $8000 motorcycle in $67,000 miles. While that's not very fast return on investment, it sure is fun trying to rack up that many miles! My bike was a little cheaper than that, so I don't have to make it quite that far...

Now the depressing math about Limited guns...

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Based on your number and $4 gas, Rhino could save enough money on fuel to pay off an $8000 motorcycle in $67,000 miles. While that's not very fast return on investment, it sure is fun trying to rack up that many miles! My bike was a little cheaper than that, so I don't have to make it quite that far...

Wished I never sold my VX-800 :(

jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    For tomorrow's match:

6 stages total, 1 Classifier (CM 99-52), 105 round min, it will be good practice for some

$20, half off for juniors with paid adults

Shooter's Meeting at 9:45 am, bang bang at 10 am

I think this is going to be a good one.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    That is kind of a buzz-kill that is giving me hesitation to shoot USPSA on Sat. and Sun. I'd love to do both, but I'm tempted to stay close to home on Sat and do IDPA at ACC and save a few bucks. Might just flip a coin Friday night :)

I can't help myself:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcyiskNIiBI[/ame]

I've got 3 guys coming from Indy... Now who here likes a good story about a bridge?

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    Hey guys thanks for putting on a great match. I had a blast. Hope you can put on a few more this year.. A few more rounds would be nice.. If you need help with set up on Satuday mornings let me know. I can probly talk a couple people into going earlier.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Great match; looking forward to next time!

I had a great time at the match too; I am so thankful to have a Saturday USPSA option. I think that if we continue to promote it on INGO, that this match could grow significantly, especially with folks that want to be able to attend church on Sundays. Hopefully Wildcat's USPSA match can coordinate as well as possible with other matches in the future to allow shooters to catch as many as possible.

I thought the Match Director did a great job setting up stages (almost single handledly). Hopefully in the future he can delegate more and sweat a little less. Great job, and thank you for investing your time!

What is the recommended etiquette for tearing down your stage? We tore down our stage (Stage 6) before we left, but I wanted to make sure we're doing everything possible to help the Match Director, and not leaving more work for him than necessary.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County

This is one of the reasons that I hate math:)

It ruins many good plans

jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    What is the recommended etiquette for tearing down your stage? We tore down our stage (Stage 6) before we left, but I wanted to make sure we're doing everything possible to help the Match Director, and not leaving more work for him than necessary.

Tearing down the stage that you finish on and putting it into a organized pile. And then if you're one of the first to finish and you know of another stage that won't be used anymore, you're certainly welcome to start tearing it down. But as long as you get the stage you end on. We always have trucks and trailers we'll use to haul everything to the barns.

Top Bottom