• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    my old man is a huge ww2 buff and for the last few years has been collecting firearms from the era.
    Do note, we're gathering just period prices, nothing with specific history attached to them.

So far we've collected most of the common long arms of the era, I.E. Arisaka, mosin, Enfield, Mauser, etc.

id really like to start on the side arm side of things, specifically the revolvers - webleys, smith new service, etc.

is is there a good resource for this?

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    And read up before buying anything "Nazi marked". Lots of fakers out there with cheap punches going around putting swastikas on firearms.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Do you mean to say that my "Nazi marked" Red Ryder BB gun might not be original? I'll find the guy who sold it to me and shoot his eye out!
    Should have seen the authentic "WWII German AK-47 bayonet" I saw at a flea market once. Had swastikas and everything! I don't think I need to tell you what's wrong with that picture. It was Bulgarian by the way.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Take a look at Empire Arms - I believe they leave the prices up after it's sold. GB has a lot of "asking price" data =/= sale price.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I always think their prices are a bit on the high side, but these guys always seem to have a fair amount of inventory and you can get some idea of what is out there and relative prices on different pieces: Simpson Ltd

My very small collection, mostly off of gunbroker back when I had a C&R license:
    View attachment 43626

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Simpson Ltd. and Liberty Tree are both great companies, but I agree they tend toward the high price on items. Every once and again they have some great deals though. Firearms inventory generally sells pretty fast at Liberty so if you want something order ASAP.

For price info look at completed Gunbroker listings (under advanced) and then just see which ones have bids to see what they sold for.

Top Bottom