• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jpo117

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    I was looking around for a way to get weather alerts on my Blackberry and saw this site suggested on another forum. It lets you sign up with an email address and automatically sends you a variety of alerts (weather, health, Amber, etc) relevant to your area; you can even customize the kinds of alerts you receive.

Emergency Email . . . . The Emergency Email Network ®. . . . . . . Emergency Notification, weather alerts and more. NOW INCLUDED WITH the business continuity and disaster recovery resource on the web.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm a little worried about spam so I signed up with my "junk" email account, and I'm interested in seeing how timely these alerts really are. I'll try it out for a week or two and let you all know how it works out.

Stove

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I use wthr.com for my weather stuff. You can set it up for different locations, and I get emails on weather related stuff based on location. I have a couple different locations set up, home and work(farm). Comes right to my crack berry!

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I know nothing about this one but I was on one for severe weather from Marion County Emergency Management (I think) or ? but it was another Governmental Agency

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Mmmm.... weather alerts... We get weather alert emails at work. But unfortunately they normally come AS the weather is happening so they're pointless. Like we'll get an email on Wednesday that says, "Tuesday the national weather service has issued "fill in the blank" for Wednesday".

jayincville

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    I was looking around for a way to get weather alerts on my Blackberry and saw this site suggested on another forum. It lets you sign up with an email address and automatically sends you a variety of alerts (weather, health, Amber, etc) relevant to your area; you can even customize the kinds of alerts you receive.

Emergency Email . . . . The Emergency Email Network ®. . . . . . . Emergency Notification, weather alerts and more. NOW INCLUDED WITH the business continuity and disaster recovery resource on the web.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm a little worried about spam so I signed up with my "junk" email account, and I'm interested in seeing how timely these alerts really are. I'll try it out for a week or two and let you all know how it works out.

Yep, I've been using this for several years. Works great, no spam, and it is so much more than weather alerts.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    You could also look into a simple NOAA weather radio for your desk at work, and nightstand at home.

Add to that an amateur radio license and a good HT and now you get to hear the weather reports... (ie. 3/4" hail reported near 116th and Olio Road) about thirty minutes before the news mentions that 3/4" hail was reported near 116th and Olio road. :)

Top Bottom